Customer reviews

Price:£7.51+ Free shipping

on 3 April 2012
All over the web, you will find 5-star reviews of All Soft. However, please note that those reviews are based on a formula they don't use anymore.

Redken changed the All Soft shampoo and conditioner formulas around the beginning of 2012 -- the new formula has argan oil in it and is pretty different to the old formula.

For some reason, they made this change without much fanfare, and many salons that sell it online still have photos of the old bottles and the old ingredient lists -- I ordered some last week from a salon that didn't even know themselves that what they had on their shelves was the new formula until I contacted them to return what I had ordered because I do not want the new formula and I had tried to make sure that what I ordered was old stock.

The last time I looked on the official Redken American site, the customer reviews of the new formula were consistently 1 star out of 5, and that's from people who had been devoted fans of this range.

Understandably, they wanted to cash in on the current craze about argan oil, but they could have developed a new range to feature argan oil instead of mangling All Soft, which must have been one of their most popular lines in the last few years.

Two years ago, All Soft shampoo and conditioner rescued my hair when nothing else would help -- I tried at least 10 different product ranges -- and of course, as is the way of things, once I find something that works and begin to rely on it, they stop making it!

(If you know of another brand of shampoo/conditioner that is similar to the old All Soft formulas, please let me know in the comments area.)
on 11 May 2015
When I first started using this it was, without a doubt, the best shampoo (& matching conditioning mask) I'd ever used & I was happy to re-purchase when the first lot ran out. Fast forward a couple of months & I noticed my hair seemed to be getting in a much worse condition (for reference I have very long hair, about halfway down my back, naturally curly, but bleached, dry & damaged hair) It seemed to be getting drier & much more brittle/fragile. It was already dry & damaged, but I'd never suffered from breakage before. I noticed my hair was getting shorter & shorter, thinnner & thinner & more & more hair in the plughole after every wash. I was getting very concerened until I read the ingredients list on this shampoo & the mask! It contains proteins, put there to supposedly help fix damaged hair by filling in the little gaps in damaged hair, thus creating a strong new hair shaft again. The problem is, which most people don't realise, unless like me you do a lot of research, is that whilst your hair shaft is coated in this protein the protein becomes very stiff & brittle, like a glass fibre, thus also making the hair inside stiff & brittle, so the slighlest movement can & indeed does, snap off the hair like a dry twig. It's fine once it's all rinsed off, but I always comb through my conditioner & that action alone would have been snapping off hairs left right & center. Add to that the fact that protein based products should not be left on for longer than 3 minutes & I was leaving it on much longer (30 mins) trying to condition my worsening hair. I already knew that my hair was sensitive to protein (having lost 6 inches last year to Joico K-pak) so I never would have bought this or put it anywhere near my hair had I known. As it is that's another 2 products I can't use & once again am left wondering why brands feel the need to keep adding this dreadful stuff to their haircare products knowing full well the damage that they do (Redken themselves have had to remove other products from sale because of exactly this reason!) They promise the earth, fixing damage etc, when in reality they cause far more harm than any good they may or may not do! I truly believe, having now lost over 12 inches in hair growth to these products (once last year & then again recently with this, another 6 inches!) that they should be banned from everyday haircare & should only be used by qualified professionals who know how to use it properly & understand the pitfalls such as not moving/touching the hair in any way whilst it's in it's brittle "glass fibre" stage! I'm most angry though about the fact that I know to avoid proteins so I make sure I never use products that claim to be repairing etc & as this one says no such thing I thought I was safe, but no, hidden away in the microscopic ingredients list it sits. It should be made more clear that this contains proteins so that I could have avoided all of this misery & not spent another 2 months thinking I was going bald again!
on 12 April 2008
I use this with the conditioner and the heavy cream, I have colour treated hair which is naturally curly and then straightened.

This product is a marvel as it makes your hair beautiful and soft and shiny!!

Recommended!
on 28 August 2012
I have used the All Soft shampoo and conditioner by Redken for a few years now. It was expensive but I felt worth the cost. However the last time I purchased it I noticed that the conditioner was thin and not very nourishing it left my hair frizzy and hard to comb through, it has also left my hair very oily, flat and lifeless. I can't justfy spending the money on it again. Sorry redken maybe they could suggest something different.
on 6 May 2015
I really messed up my hair last year .I am dark haired and been dying for years, I used a colour stripped then bleached it and when it went orange I bleached it again and when it went yellow I dyed it light brown all in the space of 2days, and I "paid" for that, my lovely long curly hair went stretchy and I considered cutting it all off till I came across this product and it rescued my hair! I had sworn off messing with my own hair again, but I do dye my roots dark brown every 4 weeks still cause I am greying, My hair is the healthiest its been since I was a child ever since I been using the All soft range. I highly recommend it.
on 19 September 2013
Have to admit when i first tried this I wasn't that impressed, my hair still felt quite dry, but when i dried it I could tell the difference. Within a few washes my hair was much softer and a lot less frizzy
on 23 August 2009
My hair is fine, but lots of it and quite hard to tame. Shampoos are usually too heavy or not moisturising enough. This turned my nightmare into a dream. I would seriously recommend this to anyone who wants baby soft hair - even after being attacked by GHD's!!
on 22 August 2013
Been using this for ages and it works better than anything else I have tried. Would recommend to anyone with same hair condition.
on 6 May 2015
I have used this before and will continue to do so as it suits my fine flyaway hair!
on 24 February 2016
Can recommend this very good product.