Customer reviews

Galt Toys Jungle Pals Skittles

on 23 October 2009
We purchased these skittles for my son when he was about a year old. The skittles are delightful with lovely bright colours and smiley animal faces, each numbered 1 to 6. They also rattle, as does the soft ball provided with them.

My son has limited mobility and these were a great fun toy as he could sit on the floor at one end of the hall and use it as a bowling alley to knock them down at the other end - which he did for hours at a time (and we had a few turns too of course). As the ball is soft it is very safe and 'inside-friendly'.

The skittles are great to build hand-eye co-ordination and can be used for counting and number recognition.

My son is now nearly five and still plays with them from time to time. They have proved very durable and we have been careful to keep them in the the plastic cover, which helps to keep them clean.

For the price these have been one of the best toy purchases we have made.
on 22 April 2015
I bought these years back for twin boys, We only recently passed them on, still in lovely condition despite the action they have seen. I LOVE a toy that can be well hadnled by a child and these can. They have been thrown, sucked, sat on, stood on, taken in the garden, covered in milk, juice, water and washed many times. Perfect.
on 3 May 2017
Beautiful figures on the skittles and a favourite with my animal-loving nephew. The description say it's suitable for 12+ months, but that's more because they're safe for that age group rather than because they'll actually play skittles. 1 year olds will treat them as soft toys whereas 2-3 year olds have more coordination to throw the ball.
on 13 July 2014
The skittles don't stay up!!!
on 18 February 2013
These skittles stay up really well and have provided lots of entertainment. My 2 year old son likes playing with the animals, whereas my 3 year old is getting the hang of throwing the ball at them.
on 16 March 2016
Cute, colourful and lovely toy for children aged 14 months and above. Given to slightly younger child is also okay as they can use them as soft toys until they get the hang of the skittles game.
on 21 January 2010
Bought this for Christmas for my 1 year old niece. She adores the animal faces and shaking the skittles to hear them rattle. She also loves carrying the bag around and filling it up with the skittles and whatever else she finds! Definitely a great toy gift.
on 4 August 2009
Dimensions:

Height of skittles: 15cm (6 inch) approx.
Diameter of bowling ball: 9cm (3.5 inch) approx.

Included with this purchase: transparent plastic carry case.

Six skittles and one bowling ball, each skittle has a rattle inside as does the bowling ball.

The skittles are perfectly flat bottomed which allows them to sit steadily on a carpet surface. Moreover they are light weight which means its easy to knock over the skittles with even the most gentle of throws with the bowling ball.

Colours are fresh and vibrant with each skittle being coloured differently. The skittles have a home-made look about them they are not perfect. This toy is easily fit for purpose but nothing special, whilst I am glad I purchased it the skittles were a little dusty and raggedy. For this reason I would not recommend as a present as it doesn't look anything special. Its quite simply an every day toy and by that standard it performs perfectly.

I guess this size would suit the younger child (12 months) , in hindsight I wish I had checked the dimensions as I had imagined the toy to be of a greater size.

As for learning and educational potential I don't think you can expect much from this toy, thats not what it was designed for, the idea is to interact and have fun!
on 30 May 2015
A lovely soft toy for young children. My little girl enjoyed playing skittles with these from an early age and seemed to like the colourful designs too. Only downside was that when she was ready to start standing them up herself she found it a little tricky as they kept falling over - obviously better on a hard floor but she preferred playing on the carpet and spent more time trying to stand them up than knocking them down. Other visiting children have also enjoyed them, including a little one who just picked out one and used it as a rattle for the whole morning! Would buy again!
on 22 June 2012
I bought these for my 12 month old daughter, who still doesn't have enough coordination to bowl properly. However, these are so nice, soft, colourful and cute, I'm sure it's the right way to start. She can play with each piece separately, as each look like a soft animal toy... and a ball will always be a ball. Small enough for her to hold. We have marble floors, so there's no issues with having these standing up.

I'm really happy with this purchase!