Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 July 2006
The first I heard of The Pierces was when Amazon.com recommended them to me. I had a quick listen, bought the CD, then was hooked.

Basically, The Pierces are 2 sisters who sing brilliantly together in harmony. The style of music is generally AOR, but without any of the slush that sometimes spoils the genre. Their voices are sometimes fragile (I Should Have Known, sometimes rocking (Way to Us) but always in perfect harmony.

If you are a fan of female vocals in harmony (also worth trying Eisley, Astronaut Wife and Wailin' Jennys) then this is for you.

First class
on 3 June 2011
3rd June 2011

Hi All,

Previously i reviewed The Pierces (the album) and while playing it thought it was their best. Now i am playing Light of the Moon (to help me review it) and i am thinking surely this is their best album. I suspect whichever of their four albums i am playing will be my favourite of the moment.

I can't even decide which are my favourite tracks; they are all more than good: tonight or Louisa at the moment, but tomorrow maybe some of the other tracks will resonate more closely with my heart and soul. Each song stands on its own, but i recommend you play the album in its entirety.

Beautiful passionate music, full of the joys and sorrow of the heart.
on 28 June 2011
Hard to choose between this and their debut - both are absolutely brilliant. Magical harmonies, great songs - what more could you wish for? If like me you've only just discovered The Pierces (due to the publicity for their new album You & I), don't overlook these first two albums - they're unmissable.
on 24 May 2015
Love these girls. Don't know why this album didn't get released in UK, but glad I paid the premium price to import. Good music from the duo as usual.
on 29 October 2014
an earlier pierces recording just as enjoyable as all their music sound is, its a bit different to other recordings recommend it to all pierces fans
on 16 April 2016
The missing link in my Pierces collection! Superb album, great songs and harmonies - exactly what The Pierces are renowned for!
on 9 June 2014
I bought this for my husband who did not think it was as good as subsequent albums. He was very disappointed.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse