on 13 January 2018
I had my eye on this watch for about 6 months - I visited various watch shops to look at it - to see if I could justify its high price. I can safely say it was worth every penny. I had some early misgivings about it - the size for one. I liked watches from Armani and Hugo Boss but their diameters at 42/43mm were way too big. This watch has a diameter of only 39mm but I have very small wrists so it was about the right size for me. My other gripe was the strap and its vertical links. I had generally only ever worn watches with normal horizontal links so the verticals ones looked a little odd to me. That soon disappeared when I had it on my wrist - it looks great!

The watch face looks amazing - roman numerals is something you don't really see anymore so it adds to its uniqueness. It has a perceptual calendar up to the year 2100 so it'll never lose track of the date. It was all set up to the correct date and time out of the box. This is also an eco-drive watch which is powered by light. It will never need a battery. The only slight negative that others have pointed out is that the watch face isn't as blue as it appears in the images - it's a really dark blue, almost black which is a shame. It's still a fantastic watch though.
review image
on 22 April 2017
I searched, researched and waited to find this special watch. It had to be good looking, solar powered with perpetual calendar, blue face and multifunctional. This watch fits my spec list. It is a quality watch and wrist strap. The watch is not heavy or bulky, it has a large watch face as I required but it is not overpowering. I like looking at the watch, it had a pleasing appearance, it provides time, day + date which is visually easy to see. I have not set the alarm yet. I just like the quality, appearance + practicality of this really nice watch. I would recommend this watch to anyone.
on 2 July 2017
good quality watch. intresting design give him even better rato to what it cost when comparing to 2-3 times that price. have strong point as never needs baterry and local time to those traveling europe (there is only 1h intervals option so maybe not so good for south asia). not to high to other Citizen watches and good design on protecting the crown with two side buttons. There is reset and calibration option build in the watch so good plus so no need to pay service. Only - as I found out is glas get scratch over 5 years but still can live with it. Overall great watch with decent price.
on 26 June 2016
This is a Citizen Eco-Drive watch which means that it never needs a battery but recharges itself using any available light source. It has a dark blue face with roman numerals and its three inset dials show the day the date and a 24 hour clock. So a visually stunning watch and at a brilliant price, so what's not to like? It was delivered promptly and I am very pleased with the looks and performance of the watch.
on 5 January 2018
Do not buy these watches if you live outside the UK you are not eligible for the extended 6 year warranty or indeed the 5 year warranty, this gimmick is used as a sales hook, but you only get a 1 year international warranty. This only becomes apparent when you try to register the watch at Citizen, after the purchase. Furthermore the software does not recognise Amazon as a valid retailer, so you cannot register for a guarantee anyway.
on 22 November 2017
Great quality watch. Bought as 40th birthday present for brother-in-law. He loved it. My husband and I both also have eco-drive watches and they are just great. Never need to worry about batteries, good quality and nice designs. You cannot go wrong with a Citizen eco-drive watch!
on 20 July 2016
After less than four months the watch has stopped, rather expensive for such a short working life. when I try to return/refund from Amazon all I get is a message that it is no longer returnable.. Update, Amazon have arranged a replacement, so all`s well that ends well.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 November 2017
I wish I could give more than 5 start for this watch. One of the best watch I ever bought. I have Tag watch too which is more than 10 times expensive than this one but still this is better in many ways.
on 18 October 2013
Bearing in mind that I have only had this for two weeks, so far it has exceeded my expectations. Bought to replace an aging Accurist chronograph, I was particularly looking for another watch with the same features - stopwatch, countdown, alarm, local time. I chose this watch because of its understated classy appearance. The blue face is exceptionally clear. Initial fears I had about setting the watch, based on other reviews, were unfounded as the manual was fairly clear about the steps involved in setting time and this was reinforced by the interactive instructions provided on a mini CD. The indications are that the battery will provide about 6 months use on a full charge. It will be interesting to see over winter if I can keep the watch face in a suitable light source for a long enough period such that the battery remains fully charged.
on 22 October 2013
I am in no way a watch geek, but have real issues on selecting a watch that does what I want, looks stylish and is well made and within the price range I want to pay. Well, after 12 months reading review after review and looking up as much information as I could decided, on this model. Wow what a decision, although only had it for a few weeks I have had several comments about how nice the watch is, but more importantly I am delighted. The watch is easy enough to set up (I advise going to youtube and see some set up views). Reading the enclosed instructions can seem a bit daunting! The watch face transforms in different light conditiond from a midnight blue through to a standard blue the brighter the surroundings. It is quite chunky but in no way cumbersome, and doesn't feel any different on the wrist to my previous watch, which was more flimsy. All in all anyone looking for a watch in this price range with the features advertised - don't even hesitate. Absolutely stunning.