on 21 September 2006
This little pop up bed is the greatest. It opens up in a flash and after a couple of times can be assembled very quickly by attaching a few toggles and putting in two small rods to hold the whole thing up. A fantastic, quick option for going away with a newborn. We placed the cot on a blanket so the cold wouldn't come up through the floor when staying in a cottage with tiled floors. I have a friend who also used this cot and put hers in the travel cot provided when she went away to keep her little one off the floor which had underfloor heating. My little boy slept much better in this cot then in his crib at home! A great purchase and well worth it.
on 18 September 2011
Put my 4 week baby to sleep whilst on holiday. He had a tendency to sleep to his right snuggled against the moses basket side. As I read previous reviews before using, about the thin mattress, I placed the cot on the floor and as it was stone, I placed a pillow under the mattress inside the cot. BIG MISTAKE.......PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT. On baby's first night inside the cot, I woke to give him his 4am feed to discover his face was lodged in the gap between the mattress and cot side and as I had placed a pillow under the mattress the gap was quite wide/deep. Baby had tipped himself sideways during sleep and ended up face down. Well I had the fright of my life. He was ok and not at all disturbed but I worry what if I hadn't awoke as you hear all these horrible reviews about cot death. Because the sides are mesh I am assuming enough air was passing through. The next night we removed pillow and mattress and placed on top of a quilted duvet.

He is now 4.5 months and using it for up coming holiday. He has now out grown his moses basket and now sleeps in his cot but this still fits (just). We are going to place inside the cot provided by the hotel as we are unsure of the standard/quality.

Plus points is that it is very light weight, has an integrated mossi-net, compact and ideal for small babies whilst traveling.

Quite awkward to compact back into bag.
on 30 April 2011
Bought this item after reading various reviews and decided to go with a well known brand. However, I only managed to use the travel cot for 1 holiday. Took delivery a week before our holiday and tested putting this item up and down O.K. However, when on holiday we were travelling around and therefore had to put up and down a few times. Each time, trying to fold it up to pack back into the travel bag proved increasingly difficult. The frame of this travel cot is very weak and it ended up getting mishapen so that the cot didn't pop-up correctly. Sent back to Samsonite on my return and basically they say it was my fault. Didn't expect this item to be so fragile and last 3 weeks! I use a pop-up UV tent all the time and have no problems with this. Would definitely not recommend the Samsonite pop-up cot as the frame is too flimsy and goes out of shape very easily!
on 2 August 2015
Mattress is an inflateable thin thing. We ended up putting a pillow in with my son. But has a net that stopped my son escaping, a little small for a 9month old though but was good for a week while we visited family.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 July 2009
This is a great product. I bought it for my second daughter and it hasn't disappointed. It is easy to put together and collapse, very small when folded and has plenty of space. She slept like a dream whenever we used it -- so it must have been comfortable. It is good for 0-7 months but once they can crawl it is not suitable for your baby. An excellent buy.
on 9 August 2012
Folds up really small, plenty big enough, great design, easy to use would definitely recommend every time. I bough this for my son at 11 weeks and I'm sure he will be able to use this for a while
on 3 May 2013
fantastic product for travelling around easy 2 fold down n up strudly structure would happy recommend to everyone x x
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse