on 29 August 2013
Excellent purchase for my hoilday abroad. Its compact..light and easy to put together. But you must purchase mattress, it is definetly too deep and not think enough for the baby to sleep on. My 4month old was very cos in here.
on 29 July 2009
This is a great product. I bought it for my second daughter and it hasn't disappointed. It is easy to put together and collapse, very small when folded and has plenty of space. She slept like a dream whenever we used it -- so it must have been comfortable. It is good for 0-7 months but once they can crawl it is not suitable for your baby. An excellent buy.
on 21 December 2012
We bought this product for our 5 week old baby for our month long holiday in Florida. Firstly, in the description the bassinet was described as being 88cm long x 54cm wide when assembled - IT ISN'T, which was highly annoying since we had ordered a made to measure mattress for this size. The bassinet is actually 80cm long x 50cm wide so we had to alter the made to measure mattress to fit in the basket. I would not like to put my baby to sleep in the basket without an additional mattress as the mattress provided is no more than a thick blanket. With the additional mattress which I purchased from babymattressesonline dot com the bassinet is very snug and cosy and my baby much prefers it to his traditional moses basket. The bassinet folds down very small and is very light and easily fits inside a suitcase. I would think that our baby will outgrow the bassinet very quickly but it is perfect for right now!
on 18 September 2011
Put my 4 week baby to sleep whilst on holiday. He had a tendency to sleep to his right snuggled against the moses basket side. As I read previous reviews before using, about the thin mattress, I placed the cot on the floor and as it was stone, I placed a pillow under the mattress inside the cot. BIG MISTAKE.......PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT. On baby's first night inside the cot, I woke to give him his 4am feed to discover his face was lodged in the gap between the mattress and cot side and as I had placed a pillow under the mattress the gap was quite wide/deep. Baby had tipped himself sideways during sleep and ended up face down. Well I had the fright of my life. He was ok and not at all disturbed but I worry what if I hadn't awoke as you hear all these horrible reviews about cot death. Because the sides are mesh I am assuming enough air was passing through. The next night we removed pillow and mattress and placed on top of a quilted duvet.

He is now 4.5 months and using it for up coming holiday. He has now out grown his moses basket and now sleeps in his cot but this still fits (just). We are going to place inside the cot provided by the hotel as we are unsure of the standard/quality.

Plus points is that it is very light weight, has an integrated mossi-net, compact and ideal for small babies whilst traveling.

Quite awkward to compact back into bag.
on 9 August 2012
Folds up really small, plenty big enough, great design, easy to use would definitely recommend every time. I bough this for my son at 11 weeks and I'm sure he will be able to use this for a while
on 17 August 2014
I love the idea of this, we used it a fair bit when our baby was a new born - but you really need to order the extra mattress, the one that comes with it is just too thin.
on 17 December 2012
i brought it thinking it be useful. the mattress wasnt comfortable at all even for one hour nap. cots ok
on 7 April 2010
this was indeed useful. handy as a second cot in the early days, for visits to people s houses and also we used overnight a few times. the net was perfect too.
on 30 April 2011
Bought this item after reading various reviews and decided to go with a well known brand. However, I only managed to use the travel cot for 1 holiday. Took delivery a week before our holiday and tested putting this item up and down O.K. However, when on holiday we were travelling around and therefore had to put up and down a few times. Each time, trying to fold it up to pack back into the travel bag proved increasingly difficult. The frame of this travel cot is very weak and it ended up getting mishapen so that the cot didn't pop-up correctly. Sent back to Samsonite on my return and basically they say it was my fault. Didn't expect this item to be so fragile and last 3 weeks! I use a pop-up UV tent all the time and have no problems with this. Would definitely not recommend the Samsonite pop-up cot as the frame is too flimsy and goes out of shape very easily!
on 21 January 2014
this is an excellent product, after all the negative remarks i took the risk but there is nothing wrong with the product