on 7 August 2017
Very good happy with it
on 10 February 2006
If you have never played smb series you will know that they are hard, very hard.I was a veteran of smb: able to complete the beginner, advanced and some of the expert levels. But this just took the biscuit. Beginner had 40 stages instead of the original 10, advanced went 30-70 and Expert 50-100!I can barely complete beginner!
Just by looking at the harder levels lets you know the game's essence: insanity! In a good way! But best and worst of all its addictive. Levels which you hate or love but can't do just keep pulling you back to fail again. To win you must manuever amonkey in a ball across a stage to the goal in a time limit.
So simple but brilliant. Don't get me started on the party games,(12 sport adaptions)ranging from monkey boat-dogfight. A crazy game.
on 13 May 2006
I first played super monkey ball 2 about 4 years ago on my friends gamecube. I loved it and my PS1 seemed a bit old. So I got a PS2 and guess what was on it ,super monky ball duluxe. I got it and I can't stop playing. with 300 levels and 12 party games this is a must GO ON GET IT!
on 24 January 2011
this paroduct was brought for a family member for xmas , and hes really enjoyed this game , fun for all ,Would buy off this person again , good delivery ,
on 24 January 2006
The other reviews which I have read of this game seem very picky to me. I haven't played the original so I didn't have any expectations and I've found this game extremely compelling.
I suppose if graphics are the be-all-and-end-all of gaming for you then you might not find much here, but for me it's all about playability and this game has it in vast quantities!
The sheer challenge of target mode would be enough to keep me going for ages. The bowling game is fantastic too, hours of fun. And that's without the hundreds of alternative versions.
It also has great appeal for gamers of all ages as well as non-gamers. I think it's lovely.
Only real gripe is the lack of options - you can't (apparently) turn the sound or music down or off, which is a real flaw in my opinion.
on 2 September 2005
I too like other reviewers have also played the prior 2 fantastic games on the game cube and was eagerly awaiting this release for the PS2. What a disappointment. The game is virtually unplayable, the graphics are appalling and really pixelated - shocking for a PS2 platform - and just doesn't seem able to keep up. The edges of circles and platforms seem rushed, like graphics from the first tomb raider game all boxy & not smooth like the Cube version. The timing is dreadful, I was clearly in 4th position in party game race mode, but apparently I was 1st for a good 10-15 seconds. This happened a lot. The sound is worse than dreadful, not able to keep up with game play and graphics, sounding like someone screwing up tin foil in some areas (not my speakers). How can they get it so wrong?
I cannot express my disappointment enough. The Nintendo version is class and is one the best games I have played in years but this is an embarrassment and one I will not be keeping.
Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft:- whomever is responsible for this poor excuse of road kill you should be shot.
You get no rating (ignore the one star at top I had to put that in to post review) for trashing a perfectly good game.
I want my money back. Purchase at your peril.
on 31 August 2005
Having prevously owned a cube and SMB 1 and 2 i can feel at home playing this ps2 version but there are issues.
Intially loading the disc up theres a loading screen fair enough to be expected, but then theres loading times in the menu loading levels etc it goes on and for me affects the flow of the game. But visiually its the same not as smooth some frame rate issues i noticed in the soccer game.
But apart from those issues this is a must have ps2 game for the monkey pool and bowling alone, those with cube versions shouldn't bother upgrading.
on 20 May 2012
Super Monkey Ball on ps2 has saved my life. I used to own this title on original Xbox, and my sister and I loved it to pieces. But then, sadly, our dear Xbox broke leaving us both deverstated. What would we do without our regular fix of Monkey Ball?? So when searching Amazon the other day for SMB games for PS2:
It came up with the game. I didn't stop to think before I pressed buy. Bring on the fun and games! ( I'm just praying my ps2 won't break now!!!!!!!)
on 6 January 2013
I am happy I made this purchase as there have been no problems since i made this purchase and on top of that it's a pretty good game too.
on 31 May 2015
The game itself looks like ass. I love Super Monkey Ball but this game is just pretty bad. The textures look like poop on both ps2 and ps3 and the fact the game freezes for like a second or three before the next level is loaded is absurd.

Also where the hell is the rolling 'Wu wu wu' sound from the previous games that are actually IN THIS GAME?

Buy the originals for gamecube. Not this.