Customer reviews

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 4 February 2014
After getting hooked on this amazing sci-fi series and having watched all 1 - 4 series's I found on their fan club website they had made another 2 extra long finishes for their fans after fan pressure.
This DVD although Dutch sub titles, is in English dialogue, my player can switch off the sub titles so there is no loss of visual viewing.
Farscape is a big loss for fans of the series and it is now over ten years since the last series 4 finished but the production on this excellent series came to a brilliant end with the edition of this Peacekeeper War video - excellent series better than any sci-fi today and this one will remain dateless, if this had been plugged more it would have been an even more popular series - the whole series from series 1 episode 1 to the end of series 4 is so cleverly produced and written with many twists and the maximum sci-fi imagination used it's a Classic for me and worth an easy five stars, the addition of this excellent "Peacekeeper War" video is cream on the top.
Loved it and will watch again a few times.
If you love sci-fi, you'll get hooked on this one...:)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 June 2015
Fans of the Farscape series will undoubtedly love this 2004, 3 hour movie. Despite the Dutch cover, this import is the same as the standard UK version except the menus and subtitles are in Dutch, but the soundtrack is in English [2,0 or 5.1] with a choice to turn off the subtitles.
For those not familiar with the series, it’s a military science fiction miniseries and this film was written to tie up some elements of the series in general. Basically at the end of the series John Crichton [Ben Browder] and Aeryn Sun [Claudia Black] were crystalised. 60 days later they are ‘reformed’ to find that the Peacekeepers and Scarrans have finally gone to war against one another in a galaxy wide conflict. Crichton and the crew of Moya try to stop the conflict as both factions pursue them for the wormhole knowledge Crichton possesses.
The film is fast paced and although the start is a little ‘slow paced’ as it fills in the back story, the tongue in cheek humour keeps it moving. Picture and sound quality are fine and the special effects are as good as ever. Finally, fans can now discover who the Peacekeepers actually are and what becomes of the main characters. While it’s not essential to have seen the series, it will make viewing easier. If this still has your interest then buy this –not the Blu Ray version which purchasers seem to give the thumbs down. A definite frelling ***** rating.
on 5 August 2017
Nice to know what finally happens!
I cannot believe they filmed this in, just under two weeks.

This dvd is the neat little tying up of loose ends for the 4 Seasons. Please watch it.

Claudia Black and Ben Browder, have such amazing chemistry, I grew up with this show so for me this was like being that kid in a sweet shop, except now as an adult I don't have to vye for control of the remote and can watch it in 1080p in the glory that it was meant to be.

Farscape is not a very well known show (Its an Australian sci-fi show that is so incredibly unique and different, there's nothing you can honestly compare it to.
It does have cult status among the likes of Firefly and the newly emerging KillJoys.

Please, please watch it.
on 7 August 2016
I didn't 'get' Farscape when it showed, but I did gain an appreciation for both main actors when they appeared on Stargate SG-1. Contemplating a cold winter with poor TV I ordered Farscape and we sat down to watch and after a bit of a slow start became very engaged with all of the characters. I like series with an overarching plot (Babylon 5 comes to mind) which slowly comes to its inevitable climax. I also love strong, capable women so Farscape scored maximum points and the interactions between the well designed and manipulated puppets and the human cast was totally believable. A really intriguing series.
on 22 March 2014
My teenage daughters and I currently have withdrawal symptoms since it finished and are considering watching the whole series through again. We tend not to notice picture quality and stuff - sorry, though we did have to change it from Dutch to English when we started it up, so make sure you know how to do that - hmm. By the time you watch this you'll have already seen the main series and presumably just want more.This delivers the same innovation, humour and great characters as the rest of the series. We just wished it didn't have to end.
on 24 January 2016
Great show even today, although you can see that it has aged, compared to today's productions, the effects. And the Henson heritage lives on...

Why did I not give it a higher rating?
I'm Swedish, English is not my first language, and this box does not have subtitles at all (unless I have the wrong equipment/DVD-player).
Sure, I understand most, but I also miss a lot of general info in the plot.

From my perspective, add subtitles, even just in English and this is a 5-star Golden Oldie for everyone, no matter where you live.
on 16 March 2015
So I watched the original series years ago then caught up recently up to series 4 & was left wanting more. It was a struggle to find this DVD - I was surprised at the price (cheap compared to others) It was well worth the price. I really enjoyed the story resolution & the fact that I was able to turn on the English subtitles. Great viewing great price - not disappointed at all.
on 14 February 2014
I really enjoyed the beginning of this series when it was first broadcast in the UK. Something happened at some point, I either moved or they changed the time but I remember that all of a sudden I didn't get back from work in time and kept forgetting to set the video! In the end I gave up on it.
I'm now at the end of season two of this box set and must say its great. The aliens and bits of plastic pipe have stood the test of time well and still look good even in this era of modern CGI.
The stories have all been good so far except one which is more than I can say for a lot of box sets.
Really recommend this!
on 30 July 2014
One of the best Sci-fi series ever created, such vivid imagination and wonderfully portayed characters with brilliant acting. The puppets are very life like and this boxed set contains all 88 episodes and an extra disc with commentry etc. that I haven't viewed yet.
Brilliant
on 4 July 2016
I love this classic series. The puppets and the storylines are amazing, far fetched and really keep me entertained. If your into sci-fi or are only slightly on the fringes of sci-fi then this really is a must see series.