Customer reviews

DeWalt D26500k 240 Volt Planer 1050w in Kit Box
Size: 240 Volt Version|Change
Price:£227.10+ £6.95 shipping

on 26 July 2015
Been using this planer for a couple of months now after a cheap wickes planer died early in a house renovation. It's been used for hanging doors (internal and external) cutting shelves and oak sleepers in the garden) and has simply devoured everything I've thrown at it. It's actually made me lazy trimming doors as I no longer bother to saw the bottom off doors first - why get out a saw when this beast can comfortably take off 4mm each pass! PS: 4mm isn't a marketing number either - it carves through pine and oak doors at 4mm as easily as 1mm.

It's heavy and with the dust bag attached it's big. The dust bag can be mounted on either the left or the right of the planer and it does a remarkably good job of catching most of the dust and chips so you can use this indoors. Under normal use the bag will last about a door before filling. At 4mm though 1 pass along the long edge of a door will more than half fill the bag. The top of the dust bag is clear so you can see how full it is at all times and it's a doddle to remove/empty. Just lift the handle on the opposite side of the planer and the bag lifts out. If you do run the bag to the point of overflowing you'll know about it as it will spit the chips forwards and you'll realise how much the bag is catching for you! Running overflowed can pack the chute feeding the bag with shavings but it's easy to clear (turn power off first before sticking finger in of course). If you're outside or mess isn't an issue you can just remove the bag entirely and let the chip fly. I use the bag anyway and just keep a bin bag handy as it's soooo much less mess to sweep up.

The cord is great. It's 4 metres longf soft rubberised cable. Everything comes in a generously sized Dewalt tough case that makes packing up easy, without having to mess around wrapping cables perfectly. The depth adjuster is the handle/knob up front and gives 0.1mm increments and the drum blades cut 82mm wide beams in a single pass. I've not managed to get the thermal protection to kick in or make it struggle even after heavy use (4mm passes on oak posts) so it's built to survive heavier work than I give it.

I've added a few pictures to give you a sense of scale and how it all plugs together. Hopefully its helpful for someone. :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
VINE VOICEon 6 January 2014
Wow. If you need to do a lot of planing, look no further. Able to take up to 4mm off in a single pass with 0.1mm increments this is one heck of a tool. The supplied dust bag does a good job of catching the vast majority of the debris and can be attached on either left or right hand sides. The cable is a very generous length and made from a rubberised flex that is soft enough that it doesn't become tangled and awkward to use. The handle is comfortable and provides a good level of control over what is a pretty heavy piece of kit. The carry case it comes with is robust and easy to close, with no battling to fit the cord or any of the attachments inside.

With replaceable blades, drive belt and other parts, I expect this to last and last. Designed more for a busy tradesman than a hobbyist / DIYer. If you're doing the occasional DIY project, look for something smaller/cheaper.
on 24 September 2017
Great piece of kit and is used regularly. Plenty of power and shaves even oak on max setting(4mm). My only small gripe is as others have stated - the dust bag fills up VERY quickly on the deeper settings for obvious reasons. I love the way it squashes flat for storing back in the kit box though. Most of my kit is DeWalt and this is as robust, reliable and powerful as my other gear. Good, wise purchase for anyone needing a power planer that just works as you want it to, when you need it to.
on 5 May 2016
I bought this to refinish some very old reclaimed English Oak joists. The wood is hard as nails, I have only put a 2mm cut over it and this doesn't even slow this tool down a bit.
I'm sure it could munch 4mm but I don't need to remove that much, as much as I would like to test it.

The dust production is something else even at 2mm. Some one said you could use it indoors with the supplied bag lol?... I would not try that as the fine particles are not caught in the bag , just the shavings. I used it outside & I needed a good hepa mask.

Overall a great machine that left a nice finish on old oak but like all electric planers there will be a fair bit of sanding if ripples are not to show after pumice, shellac and wax are buffed up.
on 22 November 2014
Great Planer. I really love it. Its a bit of a beast. I guy I was working with referred to it as the combine harvester. But seriously, it can actually take its full 4 mm depth of cut in oak, and without struggling, well apart from trying to spit out that many shavings. Not that it is often necessary to do that. But I tried, and it worked. The chord is always an important thing for me on power tools, and this one is nice and supple, with that silicone type feel to it. The planer gets pretty hot during prolonged use. But I have never had the thermal lock out kick in, and I use the planer a lot. I've had it a good couple of years now.
on 14 June 2013
Clearly a very robust and efficient tool, on the heavy side but does the job of planing with ease. I find that the build quality of Dewalt tools meets with my high expectation of how tools should handle and perform throughout their life. It's very convenient to have a storage box supplied with the planer, which also stores the filter bag which is supplied free with the Dewalt D26500K planer.
This is a very powerful machine, which is more than capable for those many planing jobs.
on 16 January 2018
love it first class service got it next day works better than I thought it would
on 9 January 2017
Fantastic planner despite being quite heavy, although very useful the bag feels quite bulky when fully extended, it is however possible to reduce the length of the bag meaning emptying it more frequently, but overall a great planner.
on 10 November 2016
Thought I was being extravagant buying a Pro tool for my DIY work. But work so well and worth every penny. Hope it lasts me for many years.
on 7 November 2016
Service good, works perfect, I am an ex carpenter and joiner and love my quality tools. Good tools make a good craftsman even better.