Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

VINE VOICEon 12 June 2005
I don't have much experience as far as treadmills go and I hardly consider myself an authority on the matter! But I think this little thing is great.
Setting it up was easy, even for one person (though having someone help you would be recommended). Once it's up and, er, running - it's about 2 metres long. The whole machine is solid and doesn't feel like it's going to break. That said, within half an hour part of the plastic frame snapped off, I'm not sure why. I'm well within the weight limit. Luckily it is a silly pointless flap of plastic at the back which serves no use.
Using it is easy. You just, er, stand on the running belt. And run. It has a pretty smooth movement and is mostly quiet, but there are small steel supports under the belt which hold it in place, the belt sometimes gets caught in them and makes a huge amount of noise (sounds a lot like a toy aeroplane!!) so you have to stop and adjust it. The little computer works fine, though it's very simple. It works out calorie loss based on distance, though I don't think it factors in the magnetic resistance (you can alter the resistance levels). It also measures distance in km, time run, usual stuff like that.
It folds up and stands upright for easy storage, though it's extremely heavy so moving it about is a workout in itself!!
If you're looking for a treadmill, it's very easy to recommend this thing - it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and does it well. But if you can afford to spend a little extra - do get a motorised one, manual ones just aren't nearly as good
0Comment| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2007
The previous review says it all!

This is my first treadmill, being unsure whether my bank balance and my commitment were up to buying a motorised treadmill, I settled on this one, on the advice of Stephen Bray's review (below!)

It was perfectly easy to set up, folds away neatly, looks and feels good quality...and has so far given me a great work out.

If you're new to running and not 100% convinced you want to spent thousands of pounds on a treadmill, or you're just wanting to do some light to moderate exercising, then this will certainly do you well.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2008
For 100 notes you cant go wrong with this machine, feels nice and sturdy underfoot, comes with electronic device to measure everything you need to know and water bottle. This will soon get you out of puff, ideal for getting you into treadmills.
on 24 February 2009
Does exactly what it says on the tin! Fab product and easy to put together (even for one person by herself)! However, be aware that if you are not used to manual treadmills working out on them feels quite different (much harder, like walking uphill with full shopping bags).
on 28 October 2009
i would like to say thank you to all those people who wrote misleading reviews and 5 star ratings of this product. you convinced me to buy a rubbish product. also thanks to the maufacturers who advertized this product. your misleading reivews and desricption of this product lead me to buy this.

thanks for not telling:

IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS YOU HOLD THE HANDLEBARS AND PUSH THE BELT BACKWARDS WITH YOUR FEET

so unless you are one of those fat women who think a ten minute walk holding onto the treadmill bars on an incline actually does any work you wont want this

why do i want a treadmill i have to push the belt backwards, this doesnt simulate running at all.

dont buy. get a motorized one always.

only benefit from putting this expensize, two hours to constuct product, is that it can be tucked away easily so i dont see how much money ive wasted
on 26 September 2012
Yes it is best used if you continue to hold onto the hand rails.
Yes - the tension on the tread mat is adjustable with a side frame-mounted dial and also an adjustable spring tensioner located on the base.
Yes - it does indeed fold away, with the whole main tread area folding very easily upwards to an upright position and locked into position with the provided substantial thumbscrew for safety.
No - it certainly does NOT need to be dissembled each time it is stored, despite other reviewer's comments (No idea where that came from - must be a different product#
It's 'footprint' for storage, once folded upright, is approx 2'10" wide x 18" deep and about 3'8" high.
Needs 2 x AA batteries to support the digital screen. Turns itself off when idle for a reasonable time to save battery life.
No - it is certainly not lightweight - but has a 2 x wheel carriage to help move it once folded.
No - it will not operate the tread without some personal effort, but surely that is why it is used.
Overall, not bad value for money, but certainly not as 'good' or as easy to use as the electric versions
on 2 December 2009
Please take notice, this is an awful purchase. I have used many different kinds of treadmills so i know what is needed in one. This machine will work out your arms more than your legs as you have to use your arms to propel yourself forward, walking on this treadmill will tire you out more quickly than running on an automatic. I'm being completely honest, I am a fit person and this thing kills me. Definitely not for beginners, or anyone else for that matter. Thank you for reading, i hope you have taken notice. C
on 16 June 2012
I bought this treadmill ages ago and only recently started using it again. I now remember why I stopped using it!

As a manual treadmill, of course it is harder work than a motorised treadmill - obviously the movement comes from you pushing against the running surface. So far, so accurate. However, if you are of medium-tall height, you will find that the handles on the treadmill are set much too low. I am only 5'7", so not exactly taller than usual but even walking for a few minutes causes pain in my lower back due to the unnatural angle my body is required to adopt in order to hold the handles. I tried not holding on, but by doing this you kind of end up losing control of the belt, and it practically runs away with you.

As far as the product describes, it does its job. It is a much harder workout than walking outside or on an electric treadmill, but to me this means I am hopefully getting fitter and burning more calories, so I am going to make do and feel smug that I persevered :)

If you are looking to buy a treadmill, I seriously recommend spending a little more and getting a motorised one.
on 17 November 2009
I find nothing wrong with this machine and it does everything I expected. Yes it is manual and you need to get used to it but the same applies to a motorised one of which I have some experience
on 24 September 2009
the treadmill was a very good item,fast delivery, but unfortunately I ordered the wrong item,this is a manual machine and I thought it was electric which is what I need...