on 5 June 2015
I saw this, I think, five times in the cinema when it first came out. Many people hate it; I love it, and can recite many lines. When the married sister left her children with me and they needed amusement over Christmas I put on a copy of the film I had recorded off TV years earlier, and they were duly amused. She was almost dumbstruck when she heard that I had put it on and she had missed it, so I got her this for her birthday. I haven't heard if she's watched it, but judging from her reaction I should think she will enjoy it when she does. There are some wonderful quotes, and I give this one as an example: "You can't let THEM talk to your leaders! They have enough difficulty talking to each other!"
on 9 September 2016
A satire take on how the pop culture would process aliens if they came to earth. If you are looking for a amusing late night film to chill out to then this ideal. I was introduced to this at a young age so it has a special place in my heart.
on 8 April 2017
excellent! Very underrated film. Any connection between the characters in this film and Trump are purely coincidental.
on 27 April 2010
Typical Mel Smith humour. Bought as a gift for a 58 year old male friend, and thoroughly enjoyed by him. For anyone who loved the Alas Smith and Jones comedy series in the 80s this would be right up their street, but with a sci-fi twist. Unusual to see Jimmy Nail in such a role. All quite silly, but fun.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2016
A very funny film. Reminded me what a brilliant comedian Mel Smith was. Get it, watch it, fall around clutching your sides.
on 25 September 2014
Dire movie. Not enough from the brilliant Smith. Jones looks unmotivated by the script, and far too much of the awful Jimmy Nail.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2017
fab
on 10 July 2016
Funny sci-fi, 80s style.
on 21 June 2016
Very funny movie indeed . Had it on video a few years ago and it is just as I remember it .
on 28 October 2015