Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 14 June 2006
Could and should of been good. I mean it's a great novel so what's the problem? Well in order not to upset the 'right on' brigade (ie new labour) they've taken out anything politically incorrect and practically rewritten whole sections so us sensitive folks won't get preturbed. In actually fact so disgusted was this tranvesty of a classic work that i gave up half way through. For goodness sake stop messing with literature. The school system in those days was based on discipline and violence so don't skim over it and pretend it never happen. What next i wonder? Stick with the excellant BBC version from 71, but gives this a wide berth because it is not based on the book and is just a purile 2004 take on it.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2005
I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy it because it's not my type of thing, but I absolutely loved it ( especially the fight). I suppose it's partly because I fancy Alex Pettifer but other than that, it was GREAT!!! I would strongly recommend it as me and my parents enjoyed it, but me being 14 you wouldn't have thought so, but it just goes to show.
on 15 July 2015
The best version of this movie Ive seen yet.
on 2 April 2015
Great film and good quality. Thank you
on 28 July 2014
Good Drama and some fine acting..
on 21 April 2015
Brill best thing I've brought.
on 6 October 2014
well packaged.would use again.
on 4 June 2012
This looks like it was made for the American market.
I thought Joseph Beattie as Flashman was very good however.
on 11 May 2016
A very good school boy dvd
on 7 August 2015