Customer reviews

on 29 January 2009
I would agree with the previous reviewers. This is an excellent game. I've got several Orchard games and they've all been great so far; well-suited to the intended age group, well-made and lots of fun. This is my 3 year old triplets favourite, they love it. The rules are easy to grasp. There are four habitat playing boards (ocean, polar, desert and jungle) and nine different animals on each board specific to each habitat. You can play it as a form of bingo or memory match. The play pieces (durable wipe clean card) can be placed in a pile upside down and drawn off one by one and the first player to collect all their animals and place them on their board wins. Or they can laid out upside down across a table and one turned over openly on your turn to see if it matches your board, in which case you place it on your board. We play it in the bingo mode and my children constantly ask to play it. And without realising it they've learned about different habitats and that camels, meerkats, armadillos etc. live in desert habitats. And they've had great fun doing it. Games are not particularly lengthy (we usually play 2 or 3) and reasonably appealing to adults too so I can usually find the time and enthusiasm to play it with them.
on 8 November 2008
I bought this game for my daughters 3rd birthday, this being the first Orchard game i'd bought. And i have to say i was pleasantly surprised, first with how well it's made, it's got a wipe clean surface which i think you'd all agree is a must for this age group. Secondly how good the illustrations of the animals are and the range of animals are great, lots of ones you don't usually get in childrens games so good for teaching them new animals. And thirdly what fun it is, we never have just one game, usually at least four.

The aim of the game is to find all the animals on your board first, all the cards are placed face down in front of you and you all take it in turns to turn one over, keeping an eye out for the ones you need and remembering where they are.
Great fun and i would definitely recommend.
on 22 December 2010
Bought this as a present, so I haven't played it with my kids. Generally Lotto games are great for the younger children. We vary the games using dice (to pick up more cards than one etc.).
Orchard Toys games are great (yet often repetitive - lot's of Lotto, Jigsaws) - they have great pictures, superb durability, and good for various educational benefit (puzzle the game board, and play on it for instance). You can't go wrong with Orchard Toys if you are looking for a present for a child up to 6-7 years.
on 15 May 2010
This is the latest of our purchases of Orchard Toys and our 3 year old Grandson loves it just as much as the others we have bought for him. We are very impressed with the quality and the educational content of these games and puzzles. Incidentally, Nana and Grandpa enjoy playing too.
on 26 May 2010
My two and a half year old loves the orchard games. We also have old macdonald lotto which is a similar game with matching tiles which keeps him entertained whilst learning. I now buy orchard games for his friends and this is one of my fav to buy!!
on 2 January 2009
We had this game for my daughter when she was approaching two. She absolutely loved it and understood the rules well. We played it with the tiles in a pile and took it in turns to take one and match it to the right picture on the board. She really enjoys it. The game is durable and has very good quality illustrations. It will continue to interest her into the future as all the animals are gtouped into biomes and so it can be accessed at a higher level. I am currently buying the game for a friend's chilid's 2nd birthday too. Excellent.
on 29 October 2009
...The other reviewers have said it all so well, but I felt compelled to write just how much our daughter (2 3/4) loves this game. So do all the family (Grandparents, parents etc), though being required to urgently play it at 6.30am is a testimony to its popularity and superb value that I hope doesn't happen again this week! Seriously good game, which I wouldn't have thought would create so much enthusiasm and excitement (because it's so simple), plus it's a great way of learning about animals, and how to "play" nicely with other people.
on 18 August 2011
My 2yr old always chooses this game first now, she knows all the animals and their habitats and loves playing it again and again (even though I get a bit fed up with it after the 3rd/4th time!). There are several different ways to use it and we often use it for 'trips' to the zoo. The cards and boards are thick and well-made, a good size for little fingers and can be wiped if they get sticky. They are also very colourful and the pictures are clear. Would recommend to anyone with young children.
on 6 December 2011
I have bought Wild World Lotto previously for my niece's son, age 3, who now knows the names and habitats of all the animals. He loves to play this game over and over, and involve his grandparents as much as possible. After such a good reaction I have now ordered another one for my nephew's son!
on 10 February 2012
another excellent game from the orchard range! it's a great way of learning knowledge and understanding of the world, I've never had a bad purchase with the orchard range and my kids have fun and learn at the same time... winner!