on 29 May 2013
I bought this for my 3 year old and she loved the picture etc. All Orchard puzzles and games are fab in my opinion.

Bright, colourful and captivating.

The only problem I have with the jigsaws I have bought from Orchard is that the main picture on the box that the child follows in order to put together the puzzle always has a logo/text over the bottom right hand corner which means you can't tell the child what piece to look for as you can't even see yourself unless you refer to one of the smaller images around the box where the picture is not covered.

Only a minor issue but it is a bit annoying - eventually though I know my little girl will get so good at the puzzle, she won't even need the picture.
on 28 January 2011
My children, now 3 and 6 years old, love this puzzle. This is the second copy we have bought of it. They have been doing this puzzle nearly every day for over a year now. They lost some pieces from the first copy (who knows where - mysterious, like the single sock that goes missing in the washing machine) so I just had to purchase it again for them (they would still do it with pieces missing).

Very educational, first in building their 'motor' skills and then finding and recognising items from the picture when asked to find them (even more useful for the 3 year old who has been doing this for nearly a year now (he was a slow walker and a slow talker so this really brought him on).

The pieces are nice and thick (robust) and the right size for 'little hands'. 50 pieces is the right quantity in being 'achievable' (i.e. not daunting) for them.
One person found this helpful
on 14 June 2009
My 4yo daughter has had this puzzle for 4 days now and it has been put together at least 20 times. She loves the subject and always asks to do the 'questions' on the box once the puzzle is completed. The questions are hints and ideas for extending play once the puzzle is finished, for example, how many oranges can you see in the picture?, why do you think there is a frog near the wizard?, etc.

The puzzle pieces are well made and quite thick compared with other well known makes and I believe they will last much longer and retain the looks better.

I will definitely be buying more Orchard Toys puzzles and games.
7 people found this helpful
on 16 April 2017
Good quality pieces. Lovely colours and a very nice puzzle to do. My 3 year old granddaughter loved it!
One person found this helpful
on 15 February 2018
I Bought this for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas.
When she built it up for the first time there was a jigsaw piece missing. As you can imagine she was very upset after spending so long trying to complete it.
I emailed orchard toys who said they would send a replacement. However 2 months later I am still waiting and they are now ignoring my emails.
on 5 October 2016
My daughter loves Castles and this puzzle is fabulous. It is very colourful, great quality puzzle. She has just turned three and is able to complete this on her own (sometimes with some help). I would recommend this to everyone.
on 30 April 2017
Another good product from the Orchard range. My granddaughter likes the picture & enjoys doing the puzzle. We search the puzzle for things to find for extra enjoyment.
on 15 July 2015
Not the same as the picture. Why? The one one in the example picture is much.much nicer. This one has weird fairy people all over it. I'm annoyed (justifiably I think) that I didn't get what I paid for after showing my little boy the photo and him choosing this one.
on 25 May 2018
Grandaughter loves it. Great chunky pieces.
on 31 October 2017
Very quick delivery. I like the fact there are questions to answer regarding the picture on the puzzle.

See one answered question