Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 18 December 2005
This DVD was bought for our then 3 1/2 year old daughter who loves it, and has repeatedly chosen to watch it over over DVDs. It has also been totally adopted by our then 2 1/4 year old son, who can do "good toes and not like that" and similar exercises of the younger children.
Polly the older girl who we follow through a performance an visit to a ballet school has become a household name, and her performance in the show is copied.
The kids are currently viewing the DVD every !!! night.
on 8 May 2003
My daughter (2) borrowed this from the library & I must admit I was sceptical. However both she & her brother (4) were totally mesmerised by it. They both love to dress up in "Ballet clothes" to watch it & copy the children. They actually sit still, pay attention and go through the steps. My husband & I are tired of it already but they can't get enough of it.
I don't know if other videos have boys in but this is great if you son is interested in dancing as there are boys dressed in shorts & t-shirts, as well as the girls in leotards and tutus, going through their movements.
on 27 April 2004
I bought this video for my daughter's third Birthday - over a year latershe still watches it over and over again. Two little girls start balletlessons and we join them being fitted for shoes and even see some of thierfriends taking thier first exams. A great introduction to the basicballet positions, we are also treated to a visit to the Arts EducationalSchool at Tring. We join a young lady who wants to pursue ballet to ahigher level, visiting the school for a look round. Great value and I'dagree with the reviewer of the other film in the 'set' - great Birthdaypresents for all those parties!
on 25 February 2010
Hello,

We gave this DVD to our 2 year-old (almost 3) for Christmas and she loves, loves, LOVES, it!
She is able to follow along and she really has learned a lot like "good toes/bad toes" she knows some of the positions and she has really absorbed the expressiveness that ballet has. She tilts her head and smiles and everything a little ballerina should do.
It shows everything from buying the proper shoes and costumes to girls at a boarding school for dance. It also takes about taking tests/getting certificates and ends with an abridged version of the Nutcracker. It is designed to show all aspects of what being a Ballet Dancer involves (preparation, practice, certification and perfomances).

We always new our daughter responded to music and she has always been keen to dance. This was a way of finding out how strong that interest really is. Now that we know, we won't b so hesitant to spend some money on a real class.
Definitely worth every penny.

The only bad things I can say is that you might want to toss it in the bin after the 500th time you've seen it in a week :-)
on 21 May 2008
This DVD is brilliant. It has the children actively doing the whole DVD. It is a good presentation of a ballet class, what happens at an examination and seeing ballet dancers from age 4ish to 16 in the DVD was great as they could see themselves now and where they dream to be. This is our childrens preferred DVD and I dont mind them watching as they dance the whole time.
on 8 October 2010
My 6yr old Grandaughter watches this over and over again and the 2 yr old has just started to watch it, they both dance around when the children do too. Love it
on 15 December 2007
We have to watch this every day. Easily copied by my almost 3 year old, who has now turned Director and has my husband and me prancing round the front room to the Nutcracker. We've video'd her watching/copying the dvd... priceless. Need I say more!
on 16 September 2008
My daughter who is just 2 1/2 years old absolutely loves this DVD already. We only received it today and she has started practicing both the movement and the French terminology. A great buy for any budding Ballet Dancers.
on 6 April 2008
My 4 /12 yr old is too shy to go to a proper dance class but loves doing this DVD and is keen to show friends when they come round to play
on 8 April 2010
The one star reviewer was correct when she/he said it was dull - to me it is. But I don't want to be a ballet dancer. My daughters then 4 & 3 absolutely loved this and would watch (& do) over and over again. They liked the shopping for costumes & pretend to do this too! They don't do ballet (although want to) so I think this gave them a really good idea what it would be like.