on 28 April 2014
once you've played one pokemon game, you've played them all. what i like about this version however, is that all of the pokemon are from the first generation and if, like me, that's the generation you grew up with, then this game is very satisfying to play. the gameplay itself is relatively simple but does get harder as you progress.
on 12 March 2018
Fake but works and saves. Be sure you know what you're buying.
on 7 December 2014
Recently purchased a copy to fill a few gaps in my pokedex

The market is flooded with fake copies of pokemon games, this makes the pal park feature unusable.

I do not recommend purchasing a game online,

Instead, look up a YouTube video teaching you how to tell the difference between real and imitation, then go to a used games store and check the cartridge for yourself

Unless you just want to use it as a quick one time play through of course
on 2 April 2016
Ah, 1st gen nostalgia in 3rd gen graphics. Well worth the purchase. Offers hours of fun. Perfect for long roadtrips or even just something to do for 10 minutes here and there.
on 6 August 2014
Fantastic. Arrived promptly, all nice and protected in it's little case. I opened it an could literally smell the Pokemon aroma. It works. Fabulous gameplay and no problems with the internal battery. My only issue was choosing my first Pokemon, but I managed to deal with the decision without a complete breakdown and Pikachu was caught early which is always a bonus.
on 11 December 2013
This game worked perfectly well and had some additional specifics that were nice to find.
I gave it a 5 star because it has always been such a great game and because the one I received worked so well and had some welcome extras I did not expect. Thank you.
I would recommend this product to anyone who plays video games. These games were (and still are) the best games of all time.
on 9 January 2018
love it
on 8 November 2012
When I got the game, I was ecstatic to finally have Pokémon Fire Red again, and the gameplay worked fine, however when loading up the game, I received the message "The previous save will now be loaded." I asked a friend about this and he told me there are 3 ways to tell it is corrupted (I tried all 3 and they confirmed it). Because of this issue, I cannot trade between other games, nor can I migrate to Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I cannot guarantee that this will be the same with all copies so I still recommend buying it, but I am still disappointed.
on 2 January 2015
The game arrived quite soon after I placed my order and my husband and I were touched by the lovely accompanying note from the seller. On Christmas Day we gave the game and the note still in the packaging to our son. He was very happy with the idea of playing a game that someone else had very much appreciated before him.
Thank you very much.
Happy New Year x
on 6 September 2013
I bought this as a piece of nostalgia from my childhood and it's a great game. I had a little trouble with the product but I emailed the seller and within 3 DAYS I had a second copy which worked perfectly. Great condition. Great customer service. Would recommend.