HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 May 2015
If you only have one kind of D1 tape, this is probably the one to get. With it, you can unobtrusively label almost anything which is rigid and which is not very dark coloured. For dark colours, there's also a white on transparent tape, which has the same effect. The result is that instead of having unsightly labels appearing everywhere, just your text or images do.

Don't use this on anything which flexes, though, such as a cable. For that, there is a nylon labelling tape which is brilliant, but which isn't available in black or white on transparent.
on 2 September 2017
Dont even bother with this stuff, it is so crap stickiness wise, that it doesnt even stick to itself for long.

look for this stuff, it is much better but still not fantastic. Label maker is great, its just the supposed adhesive they use on standard self adhesive is hopeless, unless you are sticking it to a perfectly flat clean surface.

on 23 September 2014
This machine is so useful and easy to use. I also purchased some extra tape (although mine came with a free black on white 12 mm tape). I have used the 9mm black on clear tape for labelling plugs and light switches. The black on white 12mm tape is great for all sorts of labelling on files and boxes. It was very easy to set up for instant use on my Mac. Creating labels via pc is easier and less fiddly that a hand held. You can also import shapes/graphics to labels. I would highly recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 9 September 2017
I do like the Dymo label system and these rolls of tape work well, do not yellow, have good adhesive and show up the text very clearly.

There is not much more one can add in a review such as this, but I buy these regularly and have not been disappointed yet.
on 8 March 2017
The product as delivered did not work on either Windows 10 or on our up to date MAC system. I called Dymo support and obtained new software for Windows 10 which when copied to the device enabled the printer to work as a pnp device in the Windows environment. The new version for MAC OS only works if the software is stored on the MAC rather than on the device - so the printer is no longer pnp for MACs.

It works fine as a label printer once the software is sorted out.

I briefly tried the full version of the software from the Dymo site on Windows 10 but this did not seem to work. I did not follow up on this.
on 8 February 2016
I recently bought a few rolls of D1 tape (and a Dymo LabelManager printer). Yesterday I printed and affixed labels to a number of cardboard (archive) boxes. Today all of the labels were hanging loose. I had to tape over them with clear tape, which kind of defeats the point of having a label printer - I could have printed the labels out on paper. 2 stars because the print is clear/sharp and also I had no problems installing/removing/using the rolls.
on 31 August 2014
Excellent product, very clear, works really well and longitudinal split makes it very easy to peel away the backing. However, it does seem expensive for a small amount of tape. I read a tip from a previous reviewer, which I think is a good idea - don't use the automatic cutter after each label, make a whole string of labels with one or two spaces in between and cut them with scissors - much more economical.
on 9 September 2017
Not suitable for old style Dymo machines (I found one from my childhood and, perhaps naively, thought I'd be able to buy tape for it ... can't find it anywhere).
on 12 September 2017
Easy to use but you can't read the print (Fairly fundamental!!). Not sure whether it is the labels or the labeller. Sorry, but you both are from the same supplier so both get a very poor rating.
on 3 December 2016
The level of adhesion is so low, you'll find the corners curling up almost immediately. A real shame.

I'll be looking to see if there are any compatible label tapes.