Customer reviews

Nightbird
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 May 2016
Having read some of the reviews for other albums released in the noughties by Erasure, I was a little unsure what to expect. But I loved their music from the 80's & 90's so was eager to catch up with this more 'recent' offering. I have to say it was a very pleasant surprise - I love the whole album and listen to it regularly. As with the earlier success of Innocents, Wild & Chorus, this is just pure Erasure - excellent. You can sit down, close your eyes and lose yourself in the songs or play it in the car & sing along, either way it's immensely enjoyable. Easily one of the best albums I've bought in ages. Thanks guys !
on 20 June 2013
This is still the best Erasure since the 90's and arguably the best since "I say, I say, I say" (depending on your tastes). In fact it is very similar in tone to "I say, I say, I say". It is full of beautiful songs including "Here I Go Impossible Again" & "Breathe", but for me "Sweet Surrender" is the real stand out track - it's very catchy with some interesting lyrics. And in contrast to most other post-90's Erasure albums there aren't really any dud tracks.
on 15 October 2017
this item was a gift
on 23 April 2017
One of Erasures best albums. Fans of the group will definitely like it.
on 17 March 2017
Love Erasure and the best and quickest way is to download,
it's easy fast and straight to your phone.
on 1 April 2017
A happily given gift to friend
on 2 March 2017
Another great Erasure album.
on 29 April 2005
I hear bands criticised for not changing but I ask myself... Why should a band change? Erasure is a perfect subject for such a debate. The reason I love Erasure is because I love the 'Erasure' sound. After their eponymously named album, surely their most self-indulgent and gloriously colourful piece of work, things started to go downhill for them. A flatter, dryer sound emerged and I wondered if Erasure as I knew and loved them were gone. If I'd wanted to listen to something different I'd have bought a different band's work. I wanted Erasure and now, I am glad to say, I have them back in full, high definition colour! Nightbird is the warmest, coldest, softest, hardest, lightest, darkest, sharpest, bluntest, sweetest, savouryest piece of work since the glory days. Andy and Vince are both at their utter best in this outstanding piece of work - every listen is worth the asking price - It's 'Erasure', but even more so! If you're a true Erasure fan, do the only correct thing and buy this album now!!
on 4 February 2017
Very good music from this excellent band
on 5 August 2017
Not there best if your a fan u like could be better