on 17 February 2010
Features Rodney Yee's family doing yoga together. They each take it in turns to lead the others, and they help each other out with tricky poses. The three kids in the DVD have a range of ability levels but try their best, so its good inspiration for people new to yoga. The poses chosen are such that anyone can do them, but more experienced people can go into them deeper, allowing everyone to do the routine together. My two daughters (6 and 3) liked it, and carried on doing it when I had to leave the room. So its a good alternative to CBeebies for use as a babysitter.

I have another kids yoga video, which is very much aimed at kids, and isn't really yoga. This is nice in that adults can really get something out of it as well as the kids.

DVD is NTSC and US region.
on 3 October 2007
We have done this video three times now and we all enjoy it. We are in our mid-thirties and 7 and 5. We do it at night as part of our bedtime routine. Some of the poses are hard, and some are easy, so there's something good for everyone. It nice that, like us, its a family doing yoga together. Too bad we don't have the ocean behind us, too!
on 20 July 2012
Love this DVD, I have been searching for a way to get my kids excited about yoga and this DVD helped a lot. The postures are explained clearly and they don't go too fast. I am very happy that I bought this.
on 29 April 2016
Delightful to practice along with this adorable family! Really takes into account all different levels of experience and is rather fun and funny in places. The scenery is very relaxing - lucky them getting to practice together in such a gorgeous setting! Lucky us that this yoga family is sharing this experience with us. I found it very endearing and that's a lovely place to be in when doing yoga - it's not all serious serious serious which can be offputting to young children and isn't very inspiring for them. This video is very inspiring and I can't praise it enough.

I would say though that if the parents are absolute beginners, it might not be that easy for them to follow? But I don't know because I'm already familiar with all the poses already (though I learned to do them in different orders and combinations - something that I like about this video is that it shakes up that boring routine and is very lighthearted)

But when I say that it might not be that useful to parents who haven't done yoga before, it's because it helps to have done the work yourself first before you can help someone else get into the alignment of the poses - and having one to one guidance and posture correction from an instructor in a real life class can't be replaced by doing videos.

Otherwise, it's definitely top score!!
on 9 March 2014
It is not really family yoga, I expected ideas to encourage children to be involved but it is just a range of postures performed by a family, bit stilted.
on 22 March 2016
Bought this DVD with high hopes and was let down. I find the adults overbearing with their children and can't even enjoy the scenery, never mind the yoga. There's got to be a better DVD out there, it certainly is not this one!
on 18 July 2013
Rodney Yee and his family take it in turns to do a few poses each. Nice and descriptive so my daughter could follow easily. More to do with the kids than a practice for grownups but enjoyable anyway.
on 17 September 2013
this is good. not as professional as I think it could be but is easy for my 3 year old to follow with my help.
on 25 March 2016
Really fun and engaging DVD. Our 5 year old daughter loves it and will happily have a go on her own too.
on 18 October 2015
Great wonderful dvd for the whole family, we do it with the kids at home wonderful time together