Toomies Hide & Squeak Eggs Preschool Toy
Style: Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs|Change

on 11 April 2017
These were one of the best things we gave our daughter for Christmas. She plays with them everyday and absolutely loves them! Would go as far as to say they are probably in her top 3 favourite toys. She is almost 13 months.
9 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2017
Great educational toy, it helps babies/ toddlers with developing fine motor skills, problem solving, it can be used in a few ways. The baby loves the chicks, even I like the little sound they make when you press it down. Lovely colours and patterns, even if it's made of plastic it's quite sturdy, the chicks had plenty of throwing and tossing about already. My friend told me this is a classical toy, his daughters played with it 20 years ago when they were little!
7 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2016
Probably one of my best investments in toys! My son has been playing with them from 6 months and he's still playing with them now at nearly 26 months, in very different ways 😄
review image
9 people found this helpful
on 16 April 2018
Neat little toy for toddlers and younger. It's colourful, interesting and engaging for their young minds and keeps them entertained for a while. It looks just like an egg carton, and each egg with a chick inside fits into its own space.

PROS:

Very colourful and engaging. Each egg has a different facial expression and different coloured chick inside.

Develops fine motor skills. The eggshells fit neatly on top of each chick, the chicks fit into their own space, and the carton closes and locks with a little catch. Each egg has a different shape on the bottom which slots into the corresponding shape in the egg carton.

The chicks 'chirp' when pressed. This is a nice little addition to an otherwise excellent toy.

CONS:

The chicks 'chirp' when pressed down, but it's tricky for little ones to make the sound come out. It takes a solid and rapid press for the noise to be made so some younger children won't be able to do it.

There is a hole and a screw at the bottom of each egg right in the middle of the shape. This is distracting for little ones as they see a heart or a square with a hole cut out in the middle of it. This is a major design fault in my opinion because the shapes at the bottom of the eggs correspond with the shapes in the carton and the little one finds it difficult to identify the shape with a hole in it.

The catch on the carton is very tricky to open (even for myself!) My two-year-old can't open it herself, and so always brings it to me to open. This should be made slightly easier to open.

OVERALL:

This is an excellent toy for the price. Even though there are a few drawbacks (which could be easily rectified by the manufacturer) it's certainly a worthwhile toy to have. We spend a long time playing with it sorting out the shapes, fitting the shells to the eggs and role playing with the chicks. I would buy this again and would certainly purchase it as a gift for a friend with a young child.
on 26 August 2017
I bought this lovely toy for my baby granddaughter, I had previously bought it for my now 17 yr old Grandson when he was a baby. So I knew already that it was a good toy to buy, a tad more expensive than it was all those yrs ago from our local toy shop but since she loves it as much as he did you cant put a price on joy!
on 5 November 2017
My daughter was given these as her first easter present, so when I had a little boy this year, I thought I will definitely get these for him too. My daughter loved these, & played with them all the time. These will be a lovely stocking filler. : )
on 31 May 2017
Loved by all children, these eggs are always a bit hit. I've bought some for many of my friends kids as my 2 love them! Thy are perfect for little hands, the colours are lovely and bright, the squeak is always a real hit......even now a year later they are still played with. Great quallty....so durable.
on 12 May 2018
I bought these specifically as a ‘quiet toy’ for a short haul flight. Wasn’t an ideal choice as they obviously rolled down the plane a lot, but since then they have been a much loved and frequently played with addition to the toy box. Intended for my 1 year old, the 3 year old also loves naming the colours, shapes etc. The squeak is pleasantly muted but still audible to my kids. Popular enough for 3 of my friends to purchase for their kids. Definitely recommend, I often take the box in my handbag and get them out to entertain them in cafes etc
on 18 December 2014
simple idea - great play! My children played with this toy for years and because they were so loved they have gone into the attic for future generations (hopeful) as one of the select few toys that you just can't bear to throw out or give to charity.

The design of this toy is perfect. They will appeal to very young babies who can just grab hold of them because of the delightful noise you can make with them! As the child develops they will teach the child about shape, colour and matching skills. Later still they will fit in imaginary play.

Some reviewers have complained about the quality - mine were bought 15 years ago and were of very good quality but maybe they changed the materials.

I have now bought this on several occasion and given as toys to friends' babies as I think all babies should own them :) - a classic on par with the Fisher Price telephone, in my opinion
One person found this helpful
on 23 May 2018
A great little toy. Box comes with 6 eggs. The eggs split in two to reveal a chick which squeaks if you push it down. Each shell is colour coded to match its respective chick and underneath each shell is a 3d shape. Match that shaped egg to its place in the egg box.
I bought this for my 8month old baby and although a little young for colours and shapes, he loves playing with the eggs.
Great value and lots of fun for a baby.