Size: 8-10 years (Medium)|Change

on 10 November 2011
I bought this for my little sister who is 6 and this robe fits her perfectly. She isn't very tall, but the robe is floor-length for her so I think the age 8-10 is a bit inaccurate.

The wand is made of plastic but it has harry potter's wand's basic shape, resembling the famous phoenix feather holly wood original collectible. the glasses are actually fantastic, very good quality. they aren't one of those cheap plastic ones - these pair of glasses have the metal frames, proper glass and they look just like the ones from the films! the clasp is a little bit hard to fasten, however. took me a little while to get them working...

I am overall really pleased with the product! I think it would fit a younger age group than 8-10 but that's just me! don't let that hold you from purchasing it; as long as you aren't buying it for someone who is taller than 4ft 9", please do go ahead and buy it! it's a fantastic costume set. It is perfect for halloween, or any dress-up at that!
on 28 May 2007
This set is good for me. I really like it because the robe looks real, just like in the Harry Potter movies. I'm shy to wear the glasses at school, they make me look like Harry Potter, except they are a bit too big for me (I am only 6). I was a bit sad that my wand broke when I sat on it (it is hollow and made from plastic).
on 27 March 2011
My daughter aged 9 loved this. Cloak great, wand fab. She wanted to be hermione so didn't use the glasses but they are fine. Material quality of cloak good.
on 28 July 2014
This costume is perfectly fine. It's as you would expect - basically synthetic and fairly cheap, but the colours are right (it really is maroon inside, not red as we read in reviews of some other similar products), it's not the worst-quality I've ever seen in terms of cheap costume material, and fits a 126cm child almost perfectly. For 120cm children and below, it would be on the tops of their feet, I think, and any shorter than that, it would probably be too long. It would probably start getting too short for a child much above 135cm (that would be about mid-calf). It didn't come with a tie, but the glasses are good quality - metal, not plastic. The wand is plastic but reasonably sturdy. The clip to hold the robe together at the top does work, but is very fiddly and I can't help thinking that velcro or a snap-fastener ('popper') would have been more practical, as it is not attached to the robe and so sure to get lost!
on 11 June 2016
Well what can I say, my 5 year old son is a HUGE fan of the Harry Potter films to the extreme he knows most of the words for the first and second films due to mum and dad having the box set of them (p.s. he haven't watched the deathly hallows yet, too young) He knows the characters names and most of the spells so we thought it was best to buy him the costume along with a broom for Christmas. This outfit is great, he has worn it a few times now to birthday parties and non-stop at home casting spells on mummy and daddy and claiming he is the new Harry Potter, never seen a child so happy and away with the fairies when wearing a costume. Fabric is great and the wand can with stand a lot of use. Glasses look great although my child doesn't use them as already has his own he needs to wear at all times. A must for all children who love Harry Potter
on 30 October 2013
Bought this for my daughter, the glasses were well made metal frames not plastic, and the wand and cape were both well made. Bought separately would have cost double the price. excellent value for money.
on 16 January 2012
My 9 year old daughter asked for this for Christmas and she wore it all day with the glasses on Christmas day.
She is still wearing it a month later and I think the quality of all the pieces are quite good. I was a bit worried after reading the other reviews, but I was not disappointed.
She is about 130cms and the length is perfect.

I also got one for my 5 year old and could adapt the length of cape and sleeves with a bit of simple sewing.

Would definitely recommend for Harry Potter fans.
on 28 December 2015
It's OK, nothing to get excited about though. The cloak doesn't quite hang properly and doesn't stay pulled together at the front, even with the clasps. The wand is cheap and light plastic, but that's fine my children are perfectly happy with that. The glasses are really good, just a bit too big and keep falling off. The clasps, are awkward to use and one was delivered broken, I can't be bothered to complain, we'll just sew a button on. The size was good, I have a tall 6 and 8 year old and these fitted both fine. And despite them being average quality, my girls did wear the cloaks all day on Christmas after opening, they don't seem to see the faults we adult do!
on 8 July 2014
My 8 year old daughter was really pleased with this costume. It's good quality and fit her perfectly. The problem was one arm of the glasses. They broke after the first wear. Luckily she tried it all on the week before World Book Day and my husband fixed them at work. They are solid now. The wand looks a bit cheap in my opinion and not as slender as the real thing but my daughter absolutely loved it all as did her friends so perhaps I am a bit fussy. We added a Gryffindor school tie to complete the look. You could use the robes to be Hermione or any other of the characters as was our original plan . My daughter likes the round glasses so much she wanted to be Harry, drew on a scar and away she went!
on 8 February 2016
Ordered for my 8.5 year old son, in preparation for a HP themed cub camp. Perfect length and not bad quality for the price. Came with a clasp, HP glasses and a plastic wand. Ideal for themed parties, etc as they can wear school uniform underneath! Thanks to the vendor, for quick delivery.