Customer reviews

Speedy delivery, great album

Recommended

Thanks
on 16 August 2015
EXCELLENT CD . LOVE IT ! WHAT MORE CAN I SAY ?
on 16 September 2017
Good music however CD was scratched and jumps on the last few songs
This album contains many of 'The Lady's' hits up to and including 2004'
Must admit, though I wouldn't call myself a fan, I did like much of the
material she had released up to that time.
Her chart success both sides of the 'Atlantic' is of course 'phenomenal'
Up to 2004 'Britiney' had achieved '5' U.K Number Ones those being....
'Baby One More Time' (1999) 'Born To Make You Happy' (2000) the same
year 'OOOP's ! ...I Did It Again' 'Toxic' (2004) and again the same year
'Everytime' The Title track of this release 'My Prerogative' reached number '3'
also in 2004.
Of course between 1999 and 2004 she had many, many Top Ten Hits in addition
to the numbers I've already listed.
Among some of the other well known numbers on-board......'I'm A Slave 4 U' ..
(Chart '4' 2001) 'Stronger' (Chart '7' 2000) I'm Not A Woman Yet' (Chart '2'
2002) along with her version of the 'Joan Jett' Smash-Hit 'I Love Rock 'N' Roll'
(Chart '13' 2002) I've listed just some of the Twenty Tracks harboured on this
'Britney' album.
Certainly 'POP' wall to wall, the Lady has certainly had her fair share of bad-press
down the years, however if you enjoy her music this is a pretty representative
album, of course she continues to Chart and had many hits beyond the release
of this album.
on 2 August 2017
Featuring 17 of her biggest hits and 3 new songs which are now now big hits too it's a complete greatest hits album. From her 1st single ...baby one more time to the last single do something it packs in more hits than any other pop icon of her generation. Definitely recommend this album 150%
on 19 May 2017
Oh this was great but only at the time
That is one of her best album covers it is a shame nowdays they only take a picture of her face as a album cover how depressing
on 26 December 2004
Wow! Britney's Greatest Hits...Her Prerogative! I just got this album for Christmas with the accompanying DVD and must say I love them. Maybe a bit early in her career to have a GH album but she's had soo many hits so think now's the right time to close this chapter in her career. That's what this album represents.
I've always Liked Britney Spears ever since I saw her Baby One More Time video when I was still in primary school. Okay Britney may not be incredibly cool or have huge artistic integrity and she may not be the most intelligent of us...but there's definitely 'Something About Britney' that I and millions just love! Think it's down to the fact she actually does have great songs their very cleverly crafted and are just great Pop records! Great escapism and still has meaning and you can relate to them especially as a teenager. You'd be surprised how much I have soo related to 'Oops I did It Again' and 'Baby One More Time'. Sad but true lol am proud! Her early records produced by Swedish Hit maker 'Max Martin' I heard had studied Abba and well I'm not comparing but his studying must be how he found how to make great Pop records.
This CD shows Britney's Evolution as a singer starting off all sweet and nice then the real Britney that I love so much more has come though. Especially suddenly in 2001 when she just decided to be herself and released 'Slave 4u' which showed the Raunchy Britney she always was. People were shocked but who wants a goody two shows Popstar anyways...Britney was by then a Megastar anyways, a household name. She just got better and better. The Euro version of GH:MP is the best includes like all her singles and a bit more. We get three new songs and oh so many hits. Put it on and you'll wonder why you know every word! (Coz it's great pop music) Al her singles are here we all know, it's nice to have them all on one CD! We get all the hits from Baby all the way to her latest single the great cover (Which is sucha grower and pretty good song) My Prerogative. I won't dwell on the songs as if you've not been living under a rock for the past 6 years you'll know at least some of these songs. Also find out for yourself. Listen to the samples here if you wanna hear the songs on the album. Britney does great sexy dance songs such as 'Slave' and 'Toxic' to meaningful ballads such as the haunting and critically accepted (Kinda) 'Everytime'. These are definitely the highlights in my eyes.
The album is presented in a beautifully designed Digipak case with platinum reflective foil type packaging with a now Iconic Image of Britney looking well Absolutely Fabulous! The front cover also has a cool Embossed Lace design which is fab too! It folds out into a three-compartment set. The first Embossed lace cover housing the gorge booklet, which has many photos of Brit and some career info. It's all very deluxe! The second has the actual GH:MP CD! With a great shot of Britney behind in silver cool effect. And the third as the Bonus Remix CD! With a shot form her 'I Love Rock N' Roll' video behind the clear CD tray. So all very classy indeed.
We all know Britney Idolizes Madonna...like a lot of us including me! So of course she will have it reminiscent to Madonna's 'The Immaculate Collection' another amazing hits compilation. Madonna is the opposite of Britney tho but must admit way more artistically Innovative and well she's MADONNA! So anyways the new two songs at the end and Britney added a new hit to start it off. Love the My Prerogative title btw! And the fabulous photo on the cover very iconic. Tho M's TIC did have a logo artwork. But the cover pic has something reminiscent of the interior of M's TIC booklet. I feel anyways. With modern ways Brit has made her's extremely fabulous with the whole Platinum deluxe packaging thing going on. Oh must say cute collage of Brit's album & single cover sis ace too! The collage of photos and memorabilia in the booklet is just great!
The tracklisting is flawless practically all the hits you consider to go here are here. Maybe except 'From The Bottom Of my Broken Heart' but it wasn't a UK single anyways. Though must add the song here 'Overprotected' isn't the Darkchild remix it's the original which is way better anyway...but may have been a nice bonus to include both versions. There's about 10 mins left on the CD...oh well. Boys has the single remix included which I also think the original is better but it's nice to have it. All in all a great Greatest Hits Package here! A Must for your record collection. Of Any Pop Music Lover or collector. I'm sure this is the first volume of Britney's Greatest Hits! Can't wait til' next time! Go Britney Keep On Rockin'! I Luv Britney 'Loud N' proud'
on 17 November 2004
I must say first, that I am not the biggest fan of Britneys. Often her voice, unless controlled can be too nasal sounding and 'effected'.
HOWEVER, this really is an outstanding greatest hits package, jam packed with dance floor fillers (such as 'Toxic', 'Stronger' and 'Crazy'), perfect pop ('Oops! I Did It Again', 'Born To Make You Happy' and the iconic 'Baby One More Time'), at times sexy (as in the Prince-ish 'I'm A Slave 4 U' and 'Boys') and gorgeous ballads ('Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know', 'Sometimes' and 'Everytime'). This cd also includes a duet with Madonna, the dance floor hit 'Me Against The Music' - Madonna's only single duet in her 21 year career, quite a coup for Britney. With a couple of new hits to, the best of which is an electro-pop cover of Bobby Browns early 90's hit 'My Prerogative'. The only weak moments for me are 'I Love Rock 'N' Roll', which to be honest isn't bad, just not worthy of inclusion, and the pleasant 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' (which was co-written with Dido, though she remains un-credited). As for 'Lucky' this really is one of the most saccharine sweet pieces of pop I've ever heard, however, I can't help enjoying it.
This really is an excellent hits package, and one that must make fans of hers long to see what she will do next.