on 3 March 2005
Mea culpa. In fact, mea maxima culpa!
I've been purchasing the Madden series of NFL games for nearly a decade on various formats and I've watched it evolve from the Megadrive to the Xbox with each iteration improving on the last. But I kept hearing about the 2K games from a couple of American colleagues, and how it's "soooo cool...", and at half the price, I gave it a bash...
WOW! The presentation side of things is so slick it's very close to watching a live game. Half time analysis, in game statistics, league averages and rankings, number crunching heaven! The gameplay is brutal and easy to pick up, even for someone who's played Madden 04 for a full 15 seasons. The difficulty levels are pitched just about right, so a novice starting on Rookie will soon be playing Pro and onwards, with the game getting better with each leap. Chess with pads?
All the usual bonus bits are included, with the option of decking your "crib" out with posters, furniture, jukeboxes and even a wide screen projection tv to play the funny video clips on. And check this out, you can even edit the in-game soundtrack to play tunes from your Xbox playlist at various points in the game. Sack the quarterback, get a lick from Rollins Band "Get Some"...
I'm gutted that I'm such a late arrival to this series of games, especially now that EA have monopolised the players names for next season, but I've a feeling that this may only make NFL2K6 hit harder, faster and nastier next year.
on 12 March 2010
I had to buy the game again after I wore out the disc and, it has to be said, although the game is 5 years old now, it is STILL better than Madden 10. The gameplay, The Crib, The Half-Time Show with Chris Berman, The Franchise Mode, Total Passing, Celebrations.. I could go on and on. This game is fantastic, and its a crying shame that ESPN was muscled out the market and we're now left with the Madden series in a monopoly over NFL games. Madden 10's big 'selling point' and 'new innovation' was half time reports and more realistic gameplay.. the same things ESPN was doing in 2k5, on the original XBox! If you haven't got this game, I strongly recommend you do! An all-time classic sports game without question.
on 13 February 2008
Yep, a game that came out in mid 2004 in the USA is better than the latest Madden. Graphically, the game is stunning for a last gen game, and the animation is just silky smooth. This is the best sports game I have ever played, with no exceptions. The presentation is the best I've ever seen with a game, with amazing commentary, and the way the game cuts to cut scenes, and gives you half time high lights. One note though, the PAL version does NOT include online play like it is advertise. If you want that, you'll have to get the American version, and an American Xbox.
on 25 March 2013
This Game For Its Time Is Still One Of The Greatest Maybe Still Beating Madden 13... and yes it does work on the xbox 360 in the uk... As Long As You Can Find A PAL Version Of The Game...
on 20 June 2005
I think that it is cool to take on fameus people.This game has this whole halftime show that I like very much.The game has this cool thing called the crib it's very sweat.I love the game play alot.I love them twans known as cheerleardars thay are so hot drulling WOO HOO!ESPN 2K5 is way better then the madden seires im glad I own it!It's the best football game i'v ever played forever!I know you will love it alot the first day you buy it I gerintee you'll love it like I do I play it every day! You need to buy this game very badly super very very very badly!It super better then all of madden 2005 and the rest of maddens dumb games.Buy this game please your missing out alot of stuff.