Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 November 2004
I bought this album straight away after listening to her voice on Andrew Lloyd Webber's single 'I Believe My Heart'. He was touched when he saw her performing one night and so he asked her to do the song for him and for good reason. Thankfully she accepted and this wonderful disc has been released.

Lloyd Webber's song from 'The Woman In White' makes an appearance, hopefully to become her signature song. The rest of the album is a mixture of pop, classical and also has a nod to new age (similar to the style of Sarah Brightman who touches different types of music) with the cover of an Enya song 'Only Time' which has more of a beat than Enya's original. There is also a cover of Madonna's 'You'll See' but it didn't really offer up anything different from the original.

The great thing about this album is that it has original songs which other classical crossover artists are missing. She has two wonderful song writers in particular that understand her voice. Keedie even puts her two cents in for her debut by co-writing two interludes. One interlude (which is simply called 'Interlude' or otherwise known as 'Where Are You?') is frustratingly nice, it only lasts for a minute! 'Ave Maria' by Bach is completely reinvented and is given some English lyrics. Now, I don't mean to spoil the surprise for you but if you listen to the last song of the disc and let it run for 8 minutes you are about to be spoiled; there isn't one hidden track, not two, but three hidden tracks on top of the other 17 tracks. If I remember correctly they are 'Laschia o' Pianga', 'The Flower Duet' from Lakmé and 'Un Bel Di Vedremo' from Madame Butterfly. The latter two just so happen to be two of my favourite opera arias. They were very welcome.

Her voice: it has its up and downs. She soars on her pop songs and adds some soprano touches here and there. Classical, sometimes soars. Her voice is absolutely beautiful however she can sometimes rely too heavily on vibrato, this is the only negative I have with the album and it's a big enough problem to lose a star in my rating.

I have high expectations from Keedie in the future and I hope she follows the foot steps of Ms. Brightman on becoming varied and unique. I really recommend Keedie to you, she does have something new to give in terms of her classical pieces and with 20 tracks on one cd, I'm sure that is your money's worth and the odds are you will like some of them since there is so much variety. Give the lovely lady a go. If you don't trust me trust Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.
on 3 January 2006
Keedie has got this most astonishing, rich, beautiful voice! The high note she sings on "Ebben... Ne andro lontana" is thrilling,
"My Reason" is beautiful and majestically sung. I love "I believe my heart", a duet with Duncan from Blue taken from Andrew Lloyd Webber's fantastic new musical "The Woman in White". I love "The Star in you", it is a beautiful song and already sounds like a classic! I love this album, it is one of my favourites and I can't wait for her next one!
on 26 November 2004
I found Keedie's first album, I believe in my heart, totally spellbinding.Here is a unique talent, someone who can blend pop with classical music and enhance both. Vissi d'arte will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Her version of Time to say goodbuy rivals that of Katherine Jenkins. A wonderful cd throughout.
on 30 December 2005
Having not heard much about Keedie, I was delighted to recieve her album recently. Keedie has a wonderful voice for someone so young, this album shows some wonderful singing, particularly in her versions of Ave Maria, Time to say Goodbye and Vissi D'arte. I feel she sings straight from the heart and uses all colours to her voice well, but I feel is better suited when singing operatically where her voice is more comfortable and secure and I find to be more controlled than Katherine Jenkins in her recent album living a dream, and Hayley Westenra - Keedie's O mio Babbino is more suited to her than Hayley. Perhaps a duet would be nice, I think she would sound fabulous singing with another exciting talent Jon Christos. As a whole, this album has a lovely variety of styles, colours and emotions and I would strongly recommend this album from this great NEW talent to anyone.
on 16 April 2009
20 spellbounding tracks lasting 80 minutes and everyone superb.Track 17 contains an additional 4 tracks including Lascia Chio Pianga following a gap of 8 minutes after track 16. Keedie sings pop ballads and opera songs with equal charm and captivation. Her voice is melodic and wonderful on every treatment. When is she going to make another CD like this one, so I can pre-order it? The best CD I have bought for a long time.
on 7 November 2011
When I first heard her with Duncan I just couldn't get into it. I mean it's almost like you hear his voice and not her's. I left it at that. Another singer trying to be impressive when she needs someone else to sing with her. However when I heard her on her own singing high notes I felt envy... People tell me she sounds like she is screaming but I was astonished.

Her songs are amazing. I so wish I could sing like that. She is like within temptation with out the metal. In fact this type of music sounds better. She puts so much emotion into the music I am so shocked that she only did one album. She needs to do more. She has talent and is going to waste when she doesn't sing.

I can't believe I didn't realise what talent this was.

Her songs don't sound like screaming. It is great lovely music. I love it.
Please give her songs chance. She has grown on me and am sure she can grow on you too.
A beautiful voice..
on 24 November 2004
An amazing and catching singer who catches both a mixutre of clasical and modernistic music and incorperates it all into one album. A totally stunning voice and has a brilliant start for many more albums to come.
on 6 January 2013
I think she has an amazing voice and am only surprised that I haven't heard more of her - a great album!
on 7 May 2011
I ordered this cd "with tongue in cheek" not knowing what to expect - but I was highly delighted with my purchase. Obviously it pays to occasionally take a risk (if that's the right expression). Every track is performed beautifully and the "hidden" tracks at the end are beyond words - but why hide them? Keedie has an astounding vocal range. Worth every penny - and more!
on 17 November 2013
Keedie has a lovely voice and on this CD, her first, she sings lots of different genre songs. I hope she continues recording and brings out another CD