Customer reviews

Junior Playshade

on 14 September 2011
Bought this in anticipation of a trip to Crete with a child under 1 who couldn't crawl and was still bottle feeding. Perfect place to leave them whilst you're reading a book and also a convenient place to feed them as it's high enough for an adult to sit in with them.

Since then, it's been long haul to Thailand and on another couple of trips to Crete. We also use it on sunny BBQ days, home & away.

Had more use from it than expected and I've even seen adults use it to hide from the sun when they start to burn.

Easy to set-up, a fun challenge to fold up and a handy zip up carry case that allows you to just throw it in the top of the suitcase or under the buggy.

Highly recommended.
8 people found this helpful
on 16 September 2011
Agree with other reviews that this is great on and off the beach. I live in Greece so a must for us and my kids are still playing with it now even though we are no longer on the beach (need to put a cover down or weights in the corners to keep it in place indoors). Fit baby and 3 year old plus most of mum (legs sticking out of the tent so I could get a few sun rays!) Good value as will get years of use. Really really easy to pop up and light and easy to carry but definitely worth practising a good few times to get the hang of putting it away as my hubby tried for the 1st time on the beach (I told him if he waited I would do it but no he was determined). Anyway a hot and bothered and somewhat embarrassed hubby said ok your turn after his masculine efforts failed. No brute strength involved, just practice!
One person found this helpful
on 23 September 2010
I bought this playshade because I have a little dog that I take to agility training and he suffers in the heat on a sunny day. This handy little tent is ideal to take along on training sessions as I can just pop it up and he has somewhere cool to sit in between running the course. It is large enough to accommodate him (and me at a pinch!) and I can put the water bottle, treats and blanket in there as well out of the sun. After the class it is easy to pack up in the carrying case and take it home. A handy solution to a problem and much easier to manage than a beach umbrella.
One person found this helpful
on 26 October 2010
Plus side....Opens up to quite a large tent. Suitable for children up to about age 6-7. Good height and floor area and room enough for 2! It's also great that it has sun protection in the outer cover. Suitable for indoors and outdoor play.

Downside is that it's very awkward to fold and get back into the zip bag it comes with. Needs 2 people due to the strong frame.
5 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2016
Fantastic tent,already have one still going strong after 20 years! Take it to Cornwall every year,wouldn't sit on a beach without it,up and down in seconds,no struggling in the wind with tent poles,we get changed in it,store our picnic in it and have a snooze in it,my sis does her knitting in it!we now have 3 of these tents,highly,highly recommend (advert should have photo with adults on,as DEFINATELY not just for the kiddies😄
on 18 September 2012
We got this tent for a trip to Ibiza with our 6 week old baby. It fitted in the luggage easily as it comes in a handy bag, it is light to carry and it popped up easily. Weighing it down with sand was easy too and it was nice and spacious so that I could get inside to change our son's nappy and feed him. It did get very warm in the tent - if you open the back vented window it does allow air to flow through but cuts the UV protection so it is a bit 'hard place and rock'. Now... getting it back in the bag - what a palaver! The instructions are actually wrong, they show the window on the outside when folding but it folds away the other way. We were shown by a man on the beach after a lot of huffing and puffing!! Once you've learnt to twist it the first time it does become easier. Overall a good purchase.
2 people found this helpful
on 31 July 2013
I bought this as a gift for a toddler so only saw it in action on the beach recently. Her parents say it is very easy to put up and pack away. It gives a good shade and was pleasantly cool despite the burning hot sun. So impressed I might buy a bigger one to replace our own cheap beach shelter because ours isn't UV safe.
on 20 July 2013
I recently purchased this tent for beach outings for both myself and my three year old. It is great to be able to take a break from the bright glare of the sunshine on long days at the beach. It goes up in 2 seconds & is secured down with rocks from beach or sand in the side pockets. I'm really impressed with how cool it manages to remain inside the tent even though the sun is baking down on top of it. I've also had no problems taking it down & packing it up, there is a knack to it though. I looked it up on Youtube & there are loads of videos on there showing how it is done, so I highly recommend doing that. We have starting using the tent now in the back garden & she gets as much pleasure out of it there too. I'm very happy with this purchase & have used it a lot more than I thought I would.
on 1 October 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for my 3 year old grandson and he loves it - so does Alfie. the cat, so much so, they slept in it that same night on the bedroom floor. It's simple to erect and ideal for the beach or the garden as well!
on 7 August 2013
Great for kids but big enough for an adult to sit in. Easy to put up or take down, the instructions on the box are very good. It has been invaluable for my grandson playing in the garden this summer. You can get cheaper but you get what you pay for and it is well worth the bit extra.