on 14 November 2004
i have just purchased this album... and would buy it again its that good. as a follow up to the eminem show, it far surpassed my expectations. by the most part this is eminems deepest album where he tells all. the lyrics are full of his own experiances and how far he has come over the years. but dont get me wrong as always he has prduced some hilarious lyrics. number 17. ass like that had me in hysterics i honestly listened to that song 6 times in a row. all in al it is an album that could be listened to time after time and will still be good if not better than the last time.
on 22 February 2005
This album is a great listen but still does not live up to The Slim Shady LP. I will give u my opinion on the tracks apart from the skits:
Evil Deeds-4/5
Never Enough-3/5(Not long enough!)
Yellow Brick Road-3/5
Like Toy Soldiers-5/5(Best Track!)
Mosh-5/5
Mockingbird-4/5
Crazy In Love-3/5
One Shot 2 Shot-5/5
Encore-5/5
Overall this is a great album and on the back of the cards are the lyrics to the songs on the album.
This is worth the money.
on 14 November 2004
This is a great album with a huge varirty from em. It doesn't have one poor song on the album. Although all the songs are good i think the best are Never Enough, Mockingbird and Crazy in Love. These just show em's skill how he goes from the upbeat tunes of never enough to the serious deep Mockingbird. Buy this album.
on 29 April 2011
This cd is great, it isnt as good as the slim shady lp, the marshall mathers lp or the eminem show but dont let that put you off from buying it. It includes some of the best tracks he has ever written such as Like toy soldiers, mockingbird, mosh, just lose it, ass like that and one of my personal favourites, one shot two shot featuring d12! The bonus disc is brilliant aswell - including 3 more tracks - We as americans, Love you more and Ricky ticky toc. These are all good tunes.
Overall i would give the whole thing a nine out of ten.
on 13 August 2005
Eminems previous albums with Dre were all masterpieces. They are all some of the best rap albums ever. This however shows how eminem has moved on and is not interested in good rap anymore and now prefers plain Hip-Hop. Which is fine but it doesn't seem like eminem and it is hard to get used to. However Mockingbird and Like Toy Soldiers are good rap tunes still. I recomend this album but i recomend The Slim Shady LP and The Marshall Mathers LP.
on 30 July 2005
It would be unfair for me to call this Eminems worst album because that makes it sound like a bad record when that is far from the truth, it's a descent enough album but compared to past eminem releases it falls below par. The standout tracks on the album are 'yellow brick road', 'like toy soldiers' and 'encore/curtains down'. If your an eminem fan then buy it because its good,but the problem is, it's not great.
on 3 August 2005
Not quite as good as "The Eminem Show" but could anything be?!?!?!? over all i gave it a four, dont get me wrong it one of the best albums around at the mo but is it up to Eminems standard....
on 12 November 2004
I've just got a copy of the album and listened to it all the way through. After the first listen i noticed how em touches on so many subjects in this album, including the shady/aftermath beef with murder inc., his wife Kim, his daughter Hayle and the record tha The Source uncovered where Em says the N word. He apolagises for this on the song Yellow Brick Road. In my opinion this album has the perfect mix of the humorous and controversial Slim Shady and the more serious but still controversial Marshal Mathers. The last song on the album definately made me think that this is Eminems last album. Em says that he doesn't want to leave the game without saying goodbye, and he does this on the final song with Dr. Dre and 50 Cent. He also tells us that Dr. Dre's new album Detox is coming. This album is definately a must have, it has a perfect mix of humour, emotion, controversy and anger. The best so far! I just hope that this isn't Eminems last album because he is too good of an artist to only release 4 albums. Em at his best! Buy it now!
on 5 July 2005
What has happened to Eminem? This album is an appaling collection of misfit tracks, that would'nt belong anywhere on his previous efforts. 'Just Lose It' is just about bearable, but still sounds too similar to 'Without Me'. The only other remotely acceptable is 'Rain Man' which raises a smile, even on my grumpy, disappointed face. You know what I think has happened here is that Em now believes his own hype, and Dre has been less influential and therefore less critical of his production, and the overall quality of output. If you are looking for a classic, you won't find it here- pick up the Slim Shady LP and have done with it. Lets hope next time around, Dre is more involved.
on 12 November 2004
Whenever Eminem brings out a album, am there. Hell i even got up early on my day off, just to go down to the shop and buy it. I love Nate Dogg voice, so it's nice to have him on Never Enough and 5o Cents. This album, is different, but still has that Eminem folmula that we have come to love. There's more melodies in song. I love Just Lose it, i only needed to hear it once. I was hoping the whole album would be like Just Lose it. I think you have to listen to the album a couple of times. It hasn't stuck on me, like Eminem previous albums. I still rate Eminem Show higher than this one.
My Favourite tracks are: Like Toy Soliders, especially like the backing singing on it; Never Enough; Puke; Spend some time featuring Obie Trice and 50 Cents(love Obie album); Encore. I'm going to go and listen to the extra tracks now.