Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 March 2005
As a die hard fan of pop music, i really appreciate a good Britney tune. Throw her greatest hits at me, and i'm just gonna get excited. I agree with certain reviews in that maybe it is too soon to give us this treat, as far as i know Britney wasn't overly keen on releasing this now either, which may be why she has not promoted it. Perhaps it should have been called Britney The Hits or something. Because all of her material is here, not the Greatest, all of it...If you're a fan of the occasional Britney track, this is worth your money too. The queen of pop, and probably biggest pop icon of the 90s/noughties has delivered an album of 19 tracks, of which atleast 15 will have you bopping in your kitchen. Ear candy this definitely is. As of March 2005, 4 million people seem to agree.
on 16 February 2005
Well this is a pretty good album, but i feel that some songs are lacking a little. Not fond of the re-mixes as they seem to last for ages.
1.My Perogative 9/10 15.dont let me be7/10
6. stronger-9/10 20-do soethin-9/10
7.everytime 6/10
8.baby one more time-5/10 - hear so many times before
9.crazy-8.5/10
10.boys-4/10-why is pharrel here?
11.sometimes-10/10
12.overprotected10/10
13.don't let me be the last to know-6/10
14.born to make u happy
on 26 December 2004
hi i think that this album is great. It is so good im going to keep it all my life and i said that about the very first one she did and what did i do i cept it. I think that this one is so good ill do the same with it.
on 13 November 2004
I'm 16 and have grown up listening to Britney Spears! From the time I really became interested in music she hit the scene with "Baby One More Time," which I loved because back then pop music was what I listened to. Right through to "Lucky," she was releasing pure innocent pop that every little girl loved. And then as I started to listen to other genres of music Britney changed too-out came "Slave 4 U," and "Don't let me be the last to know." It was all about growing up for her-and it was for me too. She stormed the charts with singles, releasing album after album. I listened to every song, loving the fact that she also changed and that her songs didn't all sound the same. It wasn't uncool to like her because at every stage I moved onto some other type of music, Britney was always there, one step ahead of the game. "Me against the music," with Madonna was released-different from everything else she'd ever sung-there was a new side to her...and my friends and I all loved it. She isn't someone who can only perform one kind of song, she varies her music constantly. "Toxic," and "Everytime," are two of her more recent singles-both completely impossible to hate and then her latest single, "My Prerogative," originally a hit for Bobby Brown. As she gets older, she tries to break the mould she has been cast into from youth and so do her listeners. The press don't stop talking about her-they want to make her look bad-but they can't stop her from releasing hit after hit because all they DO achieve is to rile her up and inspire her to fight out against all those against her. Many people judge Britney on the fact that she used to be a pure little pop princess who was the perfect example for little girls...and now she's grown up and become more controversial and the public can't seem to accept that. This Greatest Hits album just follows her through her experiences in the music industry and I have to love it, because she has ALWAYS been there when it comes to music in my life. She was there when I started listening and she's still there now. So give her a break, and let her do what she wants because she has provided everyone with so much great music-buy this album-I think you will start to see where I'm coming from.
on 2 November 2004
It seems like Britney has only been around for a few years, but this will be her 5th album release. She first came out in 1999 and since then has changed the face of pop music and popular culture. She is an icon and an inspiration and this album proves Britney is the face of modern pop, not since Madonna has anyone rivalled or matched Britney's often controversial hold of the entertainment industry. This is one chapter of Britney's career, and i am sure she will come back in a few years with more experience, maybe a few babies and a bag more of tunes, videos, performances and shocks to last us another fantastic 5 years. No matter what they say, Britney is an amazing and talented performer and this album is a must have for fans of one of the biggest and most successful artists of the 90's+.
on 3 January 2005
This is another great effort from Britters, here! She's fabulous! Despite what is said about her I have always been a fan and I think she is excellent. I own a number her CD'S Including Albums & Singles plus one DVD / Video. For anyone who would like a tracklisting it is:
Disc 1: The Greatest Hits
1. My Prerogative (5/5)
2. Toxic (5/5)
3. I'm A Slave 4 U (5/5)
4. Oops...!I Did It Again (5/5) (Includes spoken 'vocals')
5. Me Against The Music (5/5) (Feat. Madonna - I also love her!)
6. Stronger (5/5)
7. Everytime (5/5)
8. ...Baby One More Time (5/5)
9. Crazy (5/5) (The Stop! Remix)
10. Boys (5/5) (The Co-Ed Remix)
11. Sometimes (5/5)
12. Overprected (5/5) (Original Version - not Darkchild's remix)
13. Lucky (2/5) (I can't seem to get into this song)
14. Outrageous (5/5) (Single released in Japan along with mixes of Toxic, Everytime & Outrageous)
15. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know (5/5)
16. Born To Make To Happy (5/5)
17. I Love Rock n' Roll (5/5)
18. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman (5/5)
19. Just Begun Havin' My Fun (2/5) (This song is rubbish)
20. Do Something (1/5) (OH MY GOD! What was she thinking?)
So it's all 5/5 and kewl stuff apart from Lucky and 19 & 20 (Previously Unreleased Tracks, along with Track 1, but was released as a single). Mixes is on the next disc.
Disc 2: The Remixes (Special Ed also with Limited Packaging)
1. Toxic (Armand Van Helden Remix) (5/5) (This mix lasts 9 mins)
2. Everytime (Hi-Bias 'New' Radio Remix) (3/5)
3. Breathe On Me (Jacques Lu Cont Remix) (5/5)
4. Outrageous (Junkie XL Dancehall Remix) (5/5)
5. Stronger (Miguel 'Migs' Vocal Mix) (3/5) (Slightly Boring, WIP Remix was better)
6. I'm A Slave 4 U (Thunderpuss Club Remix) (5/5) (Hot!)
7. Megamix by Chris Cox from Thunderpuss (5/5) (Brill!)
on 17 November 2004
It's amazing listening to this CD how each and every track is just fantastic, and evokes such memories of listening to it for the first time. Yes, this is a 'greatest hits' release, but the fact that it actually includes every U.K. hit and still shine says something. Britney has only ever had one hit outside the Top Ten in the U.K., and five number ones, and this album proves why.
Note that, in keeping with this as a U.K. release of the album, 'Born To Make You Happy' is included (instead of the U.S. release, 'From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart') and that the version of 'Overprotected' is actually the one from the album, not the Darkchild re-mix, in keeping with her U.K. releases. The DVD of this, which I strongly recommend buying with this as I did, includes the videos for all her hits, including these two.
on 30 October 2004
Britney Spears burst onto the pop scene with her No.1 smash hit 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' in 1999 and made a revolutionary change to pop music. Following four succesful studio albums, this Greatest Hits compilation includes Britney's hit singles and some previously unreleased material. Britney's 'comeback' with "In The Zone" hit music fans with a formidable force and her World Tour ensured 'Everytime' and the classic 'Toxic' found it's way into many pop-fans homes.
This is a must have CD for all fans. Even if you're not a fan of Britney, it is truly worth it, in my opinion.
on 5 July 2005
I'M NOT A HUGE FAN OF BRITNEY SPEARS BUT I BOUGHT THIS CD FOR TWO TRACKS IN THE FIRST PLACE THEY ARE "STRONGER" WHICH IS MY SONG AT THE MOMENT..AND "YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY" BUT THIS IS ALL GOOD A COLLECTION OF POP TUNES TO SING ALONG TO...PERFECT SONGS PERFECT WOMAN...ALL IN ALL A GOOD ALBUM TO HAVE EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER...BUY IT TODAY!
on 2 November 2004
when i heard a greatest hits album was due for release i was thinking what she's only 22. but realising this so were many others when their's were brought out. one thing that does it for me is that this album has all the hits that were ever released on one disc. what more could you want. the like's of hit me baby one more time to the latest my prerogative you are sure to like most of this album.
i'm sure that britney will be around for longer and will release more songs so expect another album to follow in the future
one thing is for sure, britney sure aint manufactured pop.