Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 November 2004
A wonderful album of soft ambience & acoustic instrumentation. It's quite simple musically but that's the point I guess. Fits very well into the (God, I hate this name) 'Folktronica' genre along with artists like Fourtet & many of the artists on the Morr Music label etc.. Because of it's simplicity & beauty it will also find a good home with fans of more electronics based artists like Boards of Canada, Freescha & Casino Versus Japan. This is in-offensive, Warm & heartfelt material that you can't go wrong with if your a fan of any of the artists I've mentioned above.

Wonderful packaging as well. It doesn't say so on the Amazon pages but my CD also came with a DVD containing Videos (Mostly they look like Flash type animation) + a few other extras making this release seem a very complete well crafted & executed work of art. Fantastic!
on 10 January 2017
Because you, like myself, may not have heard of this lovely outfit before I will just add a few other touch points that came to mind as I relaxed into this soporific wonderfulness!

In addition to Stars of the Lid you should think A Winged Victory for the Sullen (Adam Wiltzie, 50% of DT is also part of AWVFTS) or the quieter side of Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I was also put in mind of Bowery Electric's 'Beat'.

This is a delightful, mature, listening treat which will massage your shoulders and feed your brain!

As others have mentioned, it also comes with a bonus DVD of visual treats too c/o Christine Vantros.
on 25 October 2008
This I have to say, is quite simply one of my top ten albums of all time, stand-out tracks for me are Glen's Goo, Taco me Manque, and When I See Scissors..., but the whole album floats along like a cloud in a summer sky, slow and enigmatic and takes you there. I can only but recommend it.
on 26 June 2009
Every home needs this cd! My speakers usually vibrate to the likes of public enemy, pixies, sonic youth and the dub pistols but this music is a whole new story! Amazingly tranquil- you actually feel really calm, focused and chilled out whilst its playing, and that feeling stays with you even when its finished. I've got 3 little time thieves running around and this album seems to stop them bickering and creating havoc! Feed your soul! BUY!
on 14 May 2009
This is the debut album from The Dead Texan, who also happens to be none other than Adam Wiltzie, 50% of the incredible ambient drone duo Stars of the Lid.

If you know Stars of the Lid, you will known exactly what to expect from this, and it doesn't disappoint. Featuring pretty much the same instrumentation as his full time job, it's more of the same beautifully heartfelt drones and washes of sound that listeners to the Lid know and love.

The perfect soundtrack to late evening, stirring stuff.
on 25 November 2012
Yep, it's good. I liked it

*14 more words required, but I think I said enough already, No? Now I have...
on 30 June 2015
Immense
on 19 April 2015
Item was as discription and with prompt delivery.