on 30 June 2006
My biggest concern in buying clipart is whether the collection is searchable. This collection is searchable on keywords making it highly accessible. The collection comes on two DVD's and I have also just discovered that you can access the whole collection by putting one DVD in each drive of a machine fitted with two DVD drives - an increasingly common scenario on desktop PC's. There is a good array of photo objects, photographs and vector clipart. There are various options for exporting, but I find good old fashioned cut and paste is still the most efficient way to work with this. Overall, this is an excellent collection at an incredibly good price!
on 24 March 2006
Well unlike the other reviewer I have found plenty of images I can use but how they managed to go through 800,000 images I will never know. Compared to other packages I found it incredible value for money and being on DVD disk was brilliant.
on 21 February 2008
I purchased this attractive software which looked promising with photos provided by Hemera. The images great with an easy to use interface for searching and extracting the images you which to use in your project. However, there is an issue that many have uncounted. On one of my computers, many of the pictures are not visible, and on another there is no transparency which means you have to cut around an image in photo editing software once exported to the hard drive. The company FastTrak were however aware of this bug, and placed a patch on their website which actually worked. However, the catch now is the company no longer exists and the website is no longer operational. I've been hunting round for the patch for far too long, and have consequently given up. The morale of the story is, do your research before you buy and make sure the company that produced the software can give you support with any problems i.e. Still exists.
on 5 April 2006
I have found this product to be really useful for creating language teaching resources where you need clear images which cannot be confused with anything else.
Being on 2 DVDs is so much simpler than having to find resources on separate Hemera CDs. I'm recommending it highly to colleagues in the language teaching field.
I admit that I haven't compared this products with anything other than Hemera products, so my star rating could change if I were directed towards other products!
on 14 March 2006
What a disappointment. I know this collection is a couple of years old, but wasn't expecting images that look 20 years old!
If you need 800 thousand images that look like they were taken in the eighties on a disposable camera, then this collection is a must!!
Thanks Hemera for such an impressive collection of uselessness.
I honestley could not find one image I could use.
Pictures of mobile phones as big as your head! Yes please!
on 31 October 2007
Nice collection of images, and easy to search, BUT...

1) The first attempt to install gave an error message half way through, and the machine would not respond to anything I did - had to force a power off - BAD!

2) Every time you start the search application, it spends an awful lot of time "Looking for collections", I suspect, on every hard disk attached to the machine. I didn't request this time-waster, and I can't turn this off, so why does it do it? BAD!

3) Very few options can be set, such as search paths, supress "Look for collections" at startup etc - BAD!

4) Worst of all - there is no option that I can find that enables the whole image collection to be stored on hard disk. That means I'm for ever juggling the two DVDs, inserting and removing them. Many PCs these days have tons of hard disk space, so why not allow this? VERY BAD!
on 28 April 2007
I work in design for both print publishing and web publishing, and I like this product. The search facility is good, 2 DVD's saves time, rather than the usual dozens of CD's, and it is comprehensive. The export options are superb. Whether your needs are general, print specific, or web based, this product delivers the format and file size that suits you best. I am a design professional, and I rate this product highly.
on 28 June 2009
A great resource at a great price, very user friendly. Superb for teachers, especially MFL teachers! But make sure it matches your operating system before you buy it, as it is not designed for anything later than Windows XP! I wish they would produce a version which works easily with Vista, so I could recommend it to all my friends. My son is a computer buff and managed to make it work with Vista, but only with lots of messing about. I hope the publisher reads this!!!!!
on 13 September 2009
Works fine, but has same content as 500,000 Images (4 CD-Set) (even though they seem to be different manufacturers), so don't buy both products.

Other niggle is that you don't get the option to copy the clipart database to your hard disc. You view the thumbnail, then you have to have the correct DVD in your DVD drive. The product comes on two DVDs so there will be some swapping of discs to do.

Overall, good value for money with plenty of images.
on 2 November 2007
This is excellent value for money. Searching is easy you type in a key word and the thumbnail images appear, the images can then be copied and pasted into what ever application you are using. With two DVD readers the whole selection can be searched with ease, it is so much better than using CDs.