on 3 May 2017
Quite incredible, I bought all three of these Cleaner, colourer and proofer so here are my thoughts...
The cleaner I did twice, painted on with a clean 2" brush, with care, yes it does run, but a simple bucket with warm water and a J cloth kept on top of everything. First one I left on for 20 mins, then light scrub with old nail brush. Then an hour later did the same except this time left it on for an hour, then scrub and rinse, outcome 70% of marks on a 23 year old Mazda MX roof were gone. This roof was light gray, but cleaner made it almost Very Light gray, looked clean.
Used 250 ml of a 500ml bottle.
Then colourer restorer, bear in mind my roof was light gray, four coats over two days, made it BLACK, Black like the Night, Black. I am delighted, again, on with a 2" brush and J cloth and bucket at hand. I left 5 hours between coats and delighted with outcome. Only slight mistake was I bought the 1 litre bottle and with four coats on a Mazda MX 5 roof I have around 300ml....maybe could have got away with the 500ml bottle.
Proofer, again, three coats and used another Clean 2" brush and loyal J cloth and bucket and this dried faster 3 coats in 6 hours...
Outcome DELIGHTED...I have a Silver car and a DEEP Black roof well worth 3 days work and £50, thank you!
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 June 2014
This is a good product but make sure the colour is acceptable by doing a small test first. It runs like water and can be a bit frightening when a cautious dab runs down the hood and onto the paintwork but make sure you have a bucket of soapy water and a sponge handy in advance and it is easily dealt with. I have not tried any other product like this so my experience is limited. It did the job for me on an old Mercedes soft top and I was pleased with the result. However - check the weather forecast and if there is any chance of rain before it dries (a couple of hours at least) and you cannot garage it then postpone to another day. I did a couple of liberal coats last year and it is still looking like a brand new hood.
10 people found this helpful
on 18 April 2017
I rarely leave feedback as I am just to lazy and busy but this stuff is so good, I just felt I had to. First of all I have not been paid for my review so its honest.

My wife has a 2007 Mazda MX5 with a mohair soft top. Since we have owned it I have not bothered cleaning it once other then get my car washed for a £5.00. As a result, the soft top has lost its natural colour and was covered in mould. I considered replacing it but did not want to pay £600 so I thought I would give this product a shot.

I purchased all three products from RENOVO.
The cleaner, the recolour and the waterproofer.

I used the cleaner with cold water and it did not work. I then changed up. I scrubbed the roof with boiling hot water and then applied the cleaner. I waited an hour and then scruffed again with boiling water, rinsing off with cold water. I did this twice and my roof was completely clean.
There is enough of the cleaner liquid to do the Mazda roof 5 times.
I then recoloured and BOOM!. Brand new roof. I did this twice (more then enough for twice over)
I then waterproofed, again enough for more then twice over.

I highly recommend these items.

I am now buying some more waterproofer so i can do the roof once a month.

BUY IT!!
on 25 July 2017
I was very nervous about using this on a 12 year old Astra Twin top as I didn't want streaks. I need not have worried. There is a very helpful demonstration film on YouTube by Renovo and everything worked exactly as they said it would. The cleaner got rid of the bulk of the dirt but struggled on some old mould and what looked like bird deposits, but the blue revolver sorted it with a brilliant uniform colour...no patches, streaks or repainting. I've also treated it and it still looks great.
As regards quantities: I used about 250 Mls of the cleaner, and just under the 500 Mls of both the colour reviver and proofer. This is a great product.
on 6 January 2018
Bought the Reviver as part of the kit. Beware that the "Ultra Proofer" doesn't work AT ALL. A month after putting 3 coats on my car, I was caught in the rain and the roof simply got soaked through. Best plan is to buy the Ultraglym kit, and use the Renovo Reviver as step 2 between the Autoglym cleaner and the Autoglym proofer. The Autoglym proofer DOES work. And the Reviver is OK.
on 27 April 2018
The hood on my MX-5 was starting to look like the floor of a Pidgeon loft and finally I had to do something about it. Well I got a recommendation for these products from an established media car commentator and on that basis went ahead. The results are more than I expected the hood now looks next to new but you must buy all three products, the cleaner, the paint and the sealant with a good brush and some elbow grease. follow the instructions and don't paint it in bright sunlight, a dull cloudy rain free day is best. I can only tell you the results I have had which are first class.
on 11 January 2018
Always wary about trying something for the first time but was absolutely delighted with the finish this product produced..
be careful with the overspill on the paintwork but other than that, easy to apply, dried to an as new finish and still looks good after several months parked outside in a wet climate. Will repeat the process probably in 2 years...fantastic
on 21 February 2018
Rubbish! Firstly, there's not enough in this size bottle for two coats (so I didn't even get to complete a second one). And, results looked okay at first, so I could understand why a good review could be posted shortly after. However, I've noticed how many paint brush marks and streaks are now on the hood. It looked better before I even used this product. Now I just want to know how to remove it? Over time this has also impaired the texture of my roof. I know this as I only covered the top part and did not use around the sides. The roof looks darker where I did not use the product. This causes fade and what seems to me damage! Plus, I have a white car so you can see just how awful a drop of this is to your paintwork. Does not wipe off easily and the consistency is dreadful. I was so careful with it but it's unavoidable. I got a bit on my passenger window which is still has not come off after 3 washes.
on 7 August 2015
Reviewed this previously for the 1st bottle purchased but worth saying again that this product (together with the precleaning & sealer) will save you ££££s. I have now used it on boot cover, tonneau & main hood, all of which I was considering replacing, & it is fantastic. Use 2/3 coats for best results on really tired canvass (I'm a bit of a perfectionist admittedly) following the instructions. The best tip passed on via an earlier review is to place a cheap thin polythene sheet underneath to protect the interior (& bodywork if possible), you can then leave the hood in place to dry - personally I would not risk treating a hood off the car due to possible shrinkage. Leave overnight to dry & then simply apply additional coats as required.
on 4 September 2016
What a brilliant product my MGTF roof was OK but marked and had a little wear and tear and mould I cleaned it up with a well known product from Halfords and it was better.....saw this on the web and thought...oh well try anything once.....WOW is has made so much difference I wish I had taken before and after photos..

I covered it twice and have applied the final touch with the weather proofer

IT HAS MADE A FANTASTIC Difference to the car...people actually looked when I went to ASDA today....

THANKYOU RENOVO its a brill product