Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 April 2010
The quality of this disc isn't good - so it's best used as a pick-me-up while driving to work rather than something to listen to at home...
on 18 January 2015
Nothing wrong with the cd! It's exactly what i wanted! But having paid extra to have guaranteed delivery, it didn't arrive until 3 days after I needed it! So thats why I'm giving 2 * I won't be paying extra again .
on 15 September 2009
First of all - I love Singin' in the Rain. Truly it is one the greatest MGM musicals. The songs included on this album are the ones you would be looking for. However, this particular album should be avoided. The sound quality is very poor, there is a large amount of background noise, and consonants are heavily distorted. Poor Gene Kelly is 'shinging in the rain' and Donald O'Connor is wondering what 'Moshesh shupposhesh' !!! I bought this because it seemed good value for money, but I would advise doing some research and try to hear the tracks before you buy.
on 16 November 2011
The poor sound quality on this CD is regrettable, but for me the real disappointment is that several songs have been crudely edited. For a fan of the film, these changes range from vexing (the first verses of "Make 'em Laugh" are copied and jarringly repeated later in the song) to outright baffling: why on Earth would anyone remove the last line from "Moses"? I had hoped for a soundtrack which faithfully replicated the original songs, and thus was sorely disappointed.
on 14 May 2012
Got this cd in the post this morning. Played it in the car while I was out. Got home and binned it. What a truly awful cd. Terrible sound quality and as one other reviewer rightly said, shocking editing. I originally bought it because it had the same cover as the dvd. Big mistake. Found a much better one with a different cover and about 16/17 tracks in comparison to this shocker. Please be warned, DO NOT waste your money on this junk
on 17 July 2012
This product arrived very quickly! I am very pleased with this CD as it was in perfect condition - not a scratch in sight and the music plays very clearly! Item was just as described so knew just what to expect! All my friends and family have borrowed this CD and it still remains in mint condition! I would definitely be happy to buy from this seller again!
on 26 May 2011
what a great musical I am sure never to be forgotten for the songs and the dance sketches copied by Morecombe & Wise.
on 13 February 2013
The recording is not as clear as you might ideally like it, but at this price you really cannot moan!
on 21 April 2014
Bought this simply yo listen to on the way to and from the stage show and we were not disappointed.
on 11 June 2013
As a huge fan of the old fashion MGM musicasl I just had to own a copy on cd of this film.......