Customer reviews

Good family movie
on 16 April 2017
Very good story line
on 18 February 2013
I bought this film as a Brad Renfro fan. Joseph Mazzello is a good counter to Brad Renfro's slightly unruly behaviour. But that enhances the story. This film of unlikely friendship is heart warming and a story that will stay with you for a long time. Both boys won awards for their performances. One more addition to your library.
on 3 December 2014
yes, before you think anyhting i did cry...... alot. This is one film that it is worth getting even if you can only get the region 1 version and need to watch via a PC.
A definite ~MUST SEE FILM, (just have a BIG box of tissues handy)
on 16 November 2011
This is one of the only movies ive seen that has managed to make me cry! Its about 2 boys who become friends,Erik (played by Brad renfro) who has a mother who is never there for him & rather cold & Dexter (played by Joseph mazzello) who has aids.Eriks mother doesnt approve of thier friendship,as like some other people in the town,she is prejudiced towards Dexter.When Erik reads an artical about a doctor in new orleans who claims he has a cure for aids,they take of on an adventure along the mississippi river.Both Brad & Joseph are amazing in this,highly recommended!
on 14 February 2013
sweet 90s movie about friendship between two kids whose individual problems result in their exclusion from normal societal intercourse(I should write reviews!!!).
Joe Mazello and the late Brad Renfro become unlikely friends and head off on a life changing experience. Should be watched by every young person.
on 22 April 2006
This touching drama stars Brad Renfro (Jurassic Park) and Aeryk Egan (X-files) in what has to be the greatest AIDS drama there has ever been, and most probably, ever will be. Being an inspiring movie director myself, I took the time to watch this, from what reviews I had read. Watching this movie for the very first time, it truly took my breath away (quite literally). I was stunned at the incredibly realistic performances by the great ensemble cast. The crew, especially the director, writer, and producers should be incredibly proud of what they conjured up. Second viewing, what I can I say, I was in tears. Even the tagline: "Two boys found a way to make one summer, last a lifetime..." brings a tear to my eye. I do not enjoy telling movie fans what happens in films that I have previously seen, I just like to comment on what way the film affected me, personally. What moulds this movie together, is its the memorizing score... I don't want to spoil this movie for anyone, so its best I keep my mouth shut and my fingers away from the keyboard.

Lets just say that by the third viewing, it had changed my life... forever.
on 25 February 2015
This is a really sad and touching movie that will have you crying by the end. Fantastic performances by all involved, it is a film that will stay with you long after watching it. The film follows two young boys, one with AIDS as they try and find a cure for the illness.
on 22 September 2016