on 19 December 2006
very humourous film that kept us highly entertained.

The film runs fluently and is has different emotions running through it-some sad, some very funny!

I would recommend this film to anyone-you will not be disappointed...

Please note that the above was written by my 10 year old daughter who thoroughly enjoyed the film and wanted to review it!
on 10 January 2005
Yes this film is cheesy and includes all the classic cliches, but if one is looking for a chicklflick complete with feelgood factor then this is it.
Hillary duff's character isn't anything special but her crazy male best friend is hilariously funny and Stiffler's mum (the evil step mom - note reference to American Pie) is also insane,
Plus the love interest is surprisingly hot!!!
This film is perfect for a girly night in complete with popcorn and pizza or else to snuggle up with boyfriend.
I wasn't expecting much from this film yet was pleasantly surprised and I hope the same goes for everyone else!!!
on 14 February 2006
I am a true girl at heart and this is the sort of film that I love but hate to admit it lol. It's your typical chick flick sort of film and is worth watching if your feeling in a romantic feel good sort of mood.
It's a modern version of cinderella. Instead of a glass slipper it's a Mobile/cell phone and instead of a prince it's the most popular guy in the school.
It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a really good chick flick :)
on 5 February 2006
This film is perfect for a girly night in.It is a modern Ciderella story about a girl who bossed around and made do all the work around the family house and home.This romantic comedy is sad in places and hilairous in others.
I would reccommend this to every girl/women who want a really good chick flick to watch.
on 18 October 2005
An absolutely beautiful film. I have watched it about 20 times (no exaggeration) and loved every minute of it. I have become a fan of Hilary Duff and Chad M Murray. I loved the charachters, the storyline, the suspense of Austin not knowing who the masked girl was. At the Home Coming Dance Sam looked beautiful yet so innocent and the look on Austins' face as Sam made her entrance!! Wow. I would recomend it to everyone to watch it.
on 10 March 2005
To me 'A cinderella Story' was one of the best films i saw in 2004, it wasn't a planned thing to go and see it but a last minute decision, and i am so glad i saw it. I have been waiting months and months for the DVD to come out, and am acutally counting down the days.
Yeah it was cheesey, but it was good cheese, the whole story grew around sam and how she was treated by her step mum, like the whole Cinderella story, but this film wasn't the same, to me it seemed like a true story, as it related to day to day lifes of children today.
I would recommend any young girl or even adult to watch it, brilliant.
And remember ....
Once apon a time......
Can happen anytime......
on 2 May 2005
I loved this film, I watched it on a girlie night in with my 7 year old daughter (whilst hubbie was away) and thought it was fantastic. Along the lines of those eighties "classics" like "Pretty in Pink" and "Some kind of wonderful" this will suit any 7+ girl and their loves a soppy/happy ending mother! A must for a girls night in!
on 2 December 2013
If you have 'tweenage' daughters they will love this. My 12 year old has watched it several times with her friends and they still have not gotten bored with it. Have watched it myself with her and actually secretly it. Perfect for mother-daughter movie evening with pop-corn and pjs. Enjoy
on 10 November 2004
This film is a modern day Cinderella starring Hliary Duff. She plays a girl called Sam who's father dies and she has to live with her horrible stepmother and her two twin daughters, Brianna and Gabriella. Sam who wants to go to Princeton University, must work in her stepmothers diner to get money for college. But all through this she has an internet admirer who is really one of the popular boys, Austin, who's friends make fun of her. So when he asks to meet her, it all goes incredibly wrong...
I found this film a bit boring at times, although funny as well. Hilary Duff played a fantastic Cinderella/Sam, but you also might find her 'ultradramastic!' Chad Micheal Murray plays a fab Prince Charming/Austin and he's very PRINCEALISCIOUS!!!
This film, although quite long winded and slow, is worth seeing as there is an element of comedy. I would recommend this film to more young teenage girls than I would to adults. The acting in this was brilliant (although personally Hilary Duff is NOT my favourite actress) and had a good plot. I give this film a THUMBS UP!!
on 15 February 2016
I ordered this for my 7 year old daughter it arrived on time and my daughter put it on to watch and it turns out that the disc inside was a different movie not sure how they have messed up cases and discs but I'm not happy