on 4 February 2006
This is my first PC headset, and I had never tried Skype before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been very happy with this headset. Although maybe not sturdy enough to take too much abuse, what do you expect for the price?
The free trial of Skype which came with them has been a real bonus. Great for getting a taste of that excellent product, and I have used it to phone friends in Australia and France. I think I got about 2 Euros credit free which gave me nearly 2hrs of talktime to landlines!
The sound quality is great for phone calls on the headset. In fact when I went back to the normal phone it sounded dull compared. Listening to music on them is OK, but they are really best for Skype or VOIP. They also have a good long lead and inline volume control. Well recommended!
on 5 July 2005
well i bought this microphone headset so i could communicate during online games.i thought at 15.99 it was a good in betweeen price not too bad but not top of the range .
sadly it was really let down ....
the sound is terrible,other people sound sqeeky and high pitched no matter what you you do to the settings .
the build is woefull, they earphones fall off during play for no reason or spin around away from your ear..
the microphone will come off at the slightest movement ...and again the sound is terrible .the on off button is lowsy and often you cant tell whether its on or off..
this should be priced at 5.99 or free with something as its that bad,
please dont buy this item .you WILL regret it ..
on 30 July 2005
This product has been rated by some very bad, but value for money they are excellent. They are used at a local LAN cafe they i regularly attend, and i like them so much i got a set. They provide good quality sound and comfortable to wear.
on 1 April 2006
I got this headset for use with Google Talk. The headset is a dual speaker, and the microphone is on a "boom" on the left earpiec. Comfortable, and the microphone is nicely adjustable. Sound quality is fine for chatting and even for listening to music. Only downside is that at the end of the lead, where the cable splits into two, the headphone and mic leads do not split far enough apart. I have a Dell PC with the mic and audio outputs at the back of the PC. At the front of the PC is a headphone socket. The lead does not allow me to have the mic plugged into the back, and the headphones into the front, which would be brill as I could then have speakers plugged into the back of the machine. Something to think about before buying.
on 27 February 2006
Bought this mike and headset a couple of months ago and find it invaluable when playing games online. The sounds are crisp and I get to hear a lot more ingame sounds, than I would when they're not plugged in. For the price, I'd highly recommend them.
on 11 December 2005
I bought this headset to use with my laptop which doesn't have a microphone. I wanted something lightweight and with reasonable sound quality. Of course they don't have much bass, they're just simple flat earpieces but, for speech (voip calls) they are superb. I haven't had any problems with echo on Skype since I started using them a couple of months ago and they seem to work just as well with voipbuster too. The mute switch shows some red paint when muted, although you do have to look at the switch as it isn't a light. The only minus point is that they are a little fragile and the earpieces occasionally work free when they have been chucked in my laptop bag so I have to pop them back into the plastic balljoint socket. I do wonder how many times I'll be able to do this before something breaks, but I guess this would be a problem with any headset that doesn't fold flat. I did find that the headphones didn't seem to be working a couple of times, but it was just that the volume dial had rotated right down while they were knocking about in the bag.
on 11 September 2006
I bought these for professional use with our corporate VOIP phone system. I have used Plantronics equipment before and found it to be of excellent quality, although the price can be high. However, this headset comes at a good price and works very well.

First, the sound quality through the headphones is great for voice, although for music and games they may not be the best because the bass response is not as deep as some headsets. The bass guitar on the Prodigy's Climbatize was clearly audible and discernable however, so maybe only heavy metal fans will be seriously disappointed. Second, the sound quality through the microphone is very good with callers easily able to understand me. Third, they are lightweight and comfortable enough to wear all day long.

Installation is straightforward, there are two 3.5 mm jacks, one for the headphones and one for the microphone. These plug into the PC's or laptop's soundcard.

A mute button is included which again is good for professional use, also there is an inline volume control.
on 11 August 2008
I bought this product from Amazon in April 2005 and for the last three and a bit years it has always worked perfectly for both VOIP and voice recognition software. However recently the foam earpiece cushions have started falling apart and I could not find replacements anywhere on the Internet. In desperation I sent an email to Panasonic's service and repair department and within 24 hours received a reply telling me that they had despatched replacements to me free of charge!

I am sure that this means at least another 3 years of trouble-free operation. Well done Amazon for the excellent delivery service and many thanks to Panasonic service department for extending the life of my headset and for offering such superb after-sales service!
on 16 November 2005
This headset sounds terrible, cheap and tinny with no bass.
Horrible for music and useless for games.
One to avoid.
on 1 December 2010
What can I say, it's a skype microphone, it works but with ours the earpieces keep coming adrift. One day I will glue it....