Customer reviews

Don't Talk
Format: Audio CD|Change

#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 June 2014
I was a fan of Clare's music before 2005, when this album came along. I would have bought and reviewed it at the time if it weren't for the precarious state of my finances at the time. As it was, I didn't buy it until many years later, by which time there was no particular reason to bother, except that the reason I started reviewing is still my main reason for continuing - to tell people about the music I love. My only surprise is that there is only one other (brief) review on Amazon.com at the time of writing, so Clare's talents have so far made little impact in America, or so it would seem. Back in 2005, this album sold more copies (despite my inability to buy it then) than any other jazz album had ever done, and probably still holds that distinction.

Though rooted in jazz, the album is not constrained by it. Clare had already shown her diverse tastes by including a jazz version of a sixties pop song (California dreaming) on her earlier album Orsino's Songs. Here, she features a jazz version of track from Pet Sounds (Beach Boys) as the title track.

Other track feature jazz versions of I just want to make love to you (Willie Dixon), What are you doing the rest of your life (the A Bergman / M Bergman / M Legrand classic), So in love (Cole Porter), two Duke Ellington songs (Mood indigo, In a mellow mood) and The music goes round and round (originally recorded by Tommy Dorsey).

Clare wrote one song here (Falling for you) and co-wrote three others(Messin' with fire, You bring out the best in me, Everything is you) and lyrics for these four songs (but not the others) can be found in the booklet.

This is a fantastic album that clearly sold to a lot of British customers who don't normally buy jazz. I hope Clare won some of them over to the world of jazz.
on 4 September 2015
This CD (from Zoverstocks) arrived well within the stated delivery dates. It was in excellent condition (as are all the CD's I order from Zoverstocks).
Clare Teal performs some excellent versions of (usually) well-known songs, with an emphasis on 'swing jazz', although she also does some very good versions of slower ballads.
on 27 April 2017
Superb album, first rate vocals and musicianship, great sound quality. Bought second hand and more than satisfied with purchase.
on 10 March 2017
A revelation. She's great.
on 18 October 2017
I have had this cd on constantly in my car since I bought it. What a fabulous voice and wonderful variety of tracks
on 26 May 2013
I just loved it. I've got most of Clare's CDs and love them all. I hear she's now just produced a new one, so I need to get onto either her or your site and get it ordered!!!
on 20 February 2015
Great CD. I love it. Very easy listening - Clare Teal has such a rich voice - a delight to the ears!
on 23 June 2015