Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 23 May 2016
Campy late 1970`s early 80`s remake of the Classic Buck Rogers in the 25th century.Dont expect serious stories just watch and dont take seriously.One of the Glen Larson stable along with Battlestar Gallactica.From the days when tv didnt take itself too seriously.
on 4 February 2014
I've always enjoyed this series when it was first viewed on TV. I still enjoy it even now ... many moons later! Erin Gray looks absolutely gorgeous in her tight lycra outfits - that's not to be missed surely!!?
on 15 March 2016
Proper blast from the past, rekindling my love for old-school science fiction. It's as cheesy as a bag of cheese Doritos with a cheese dip, and that's how it should be! Item was quickly delivered and safely.
on 7 May 2008
In the UK, the first episode was shown when I was a child, but it was presented as a film, and not as a series, and the remaining parts were never shown. I loved every bit it. As kids do, I watched it many many times. It was a nice surprise to find out that the film was actually a pilot for 2 seasons of sci-fi.

I've bought both, and enjoy all the episodes. One interesting thing, is the cover. When it arrived, I read the part about being frozen in the arctic, and was sure he was frozen in space for 500 years. Well, I had remembered correctly, and somehow the marketing guys just made an amusing mistake.
on 24 June 2007
One aspect of the series is Erin Gray, the co-star of this television program who played Wilma Deering. She is definately eye candy and I recommend the series if not for the clever plots (which reminds you of Star Trek), but for Erin Gray in spandex. Even better, I get to meet Gray personally at the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Aberdeen, Maryland in September. I plan to get an autograph and have my picture taken with her. If you are not familiar with this talented and beautiful actress, this TV series shows just how good she is. Amazon.com has a great price so grab your copy today.
on 24 February 2013
This a great show of the 1980s Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, the 1st Series it, as 6 DVD set and very good for the value for money. and the short time it take to come in the post.
on 10 November 2013
I loved this first season, surprised me the humour and the plots, definetly the first season of Buck Rogers rock, and is much better than the second one. I highly reccomend it.
on 31 March 2014
This is really good family, friendly, fun, classic sci-fi TV from the 1980's. Lots of drama and action and happy endings. Just Great Classic TV. Yes I do recommend this item.
on 5 October 2016
There are no Dutch subtitles, like it says on the back of the cover. Only English subtitles. Minor annoyance, but would have liked it if there actually WERE Dutch subtitles.
on 3 February 2007
Forget the other reviwes here. Buck Rogers was not a great series!! I remeber it as a kid and have just re-watched all the eps again and i can say that apart from a strong pilot episode this was very bad indeed. Battlestar galactica which aired a yr earlier was far superior in terms of storys and acting than this. Gil Gerard is a likeable hero and yes even twiki is fun and the gorgeous erin grey as wilma was a bonus,but with its cheap Disco imagery and music(in 1979 when this was made disco was huge)makes the show look tacky. Series 2 was slightly stronger..a lot of people didnt like the move away from earth which is fair but the writing was stronger though still not on par with galactica. Worth a look if your in your 30;s like me and watched it as a kid but teen and twentysomethings will wonder what the fuss was about.