on 5 September 2016
As with rosemary, you don't have to be fit already to keep up! I am overweight and get out of breath going up stairs! But I found this fine, intro section is useful to grasp the salsa steps before you do workout one, just to get your head round steps, they are not hard at all-just useful to get an idea before you start! Intro was about 15 mins, workout one was just over 17 mins so don't take long either! I think the next workout is 30 mins, I'll do number one for a bit first I think!
Would def recommend if your not very fit!
6 people found this helpful
on 22 January 2017
I was hoping for a fast-paced, fun salsa workout, but this is definitely only for beginners. It is very slow, and doesn't provide much of a workout. However, I'm guessing if you're new to or coming back to exercise after quite some time, and are also new to dance, it would be a great video, but I personally found it to be painfully slow and not good for calorie burning. I'd give it one star, but I can see how beginners would like it and give it 5 stars, so I give it 3 on average.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 September 2013
I'm overweight, unfit and recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so I'm on a lose weight and get fit campaign. So far the main problem has been the exercise - its boring or too hard or too complicated!

I'm not going swimming until I'm slimmer! I'm not one for clubs or the gym. So I've tried exercise dvds - and so far hadn't found any I like ... make it hard for myself, don't I! Again, they were either boring, or to difficult for me to follow the steps - beginning to think I've 2 left feet, or too hard for me to keep up with.

I saw a Zumba display at a summer fete and thought it looked great fun, but can't really afford the classes. So thought I'd buy a zumba dvd, which I've done, but I also saw this dvd, and as it was very cheap thought I'd buy it as well.

Well, I've watched the zumba dvd, and when I've built up some fitness I look forward to exercising using it - fantastic music and rhythmes. But in the mean time this slim and salsacise dvd is perfect for me. So far I've only got as far as using Section 1 - 15 minutes of learning the steps and exercising as you do so. I've just about got the steps sorted now after 3 goes - it gets my heart rate up so it's doing the trick. Everytime I workout I put a bit more effort into the steps and after I used section 1 a few more times I'll move onto the next section.

If you're already fighting fit and want something that's going to really stretch you, this is probably not for you. But if you're more like me, a very unfit, overweight 58 year old woman - then this may well be for you ... because what this has got going for it, as far as I'm concerned, is it is fun to do! I'm not looking at the clock thinking, oh god another 10 mins, 9 mins, 8 mins etc to do!!!
5 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2015
Great DVD for a low impact workout with moves that burn calories and tone muscles but do not require you to learn complicated movements. I tried the salsa section on the Strictly Come Dancing Dancercise DVD recently and oh my goodness, that was ridiculous! All I would say is that for a really good workout once you're reasonably fit you will need to combine sections 2 and 3 (about 45 minutes in total).
5 people found this helpful
on 26 April 2011
I'm not a fan of exercise DVDs, especially ones by celebs, who then regain the weight they've lost- not encouraging, or ones set in big dance studios- and you're expected to do it in your living room. Other pet hates are fussy little movements there's no real point in including, that make you fall behind and get disheartened. This is actually fun, easy to pick up, and slightly addictive! Rosemary is very practical and realistic, clear away the furniture to create a mini dance floor she says. A great DVD if you love dancing, but have no experience of Salsa- like me. You need to grasp section 1 to get the basic moves, before you move on to section 2. It is quite slow, so for the first couple of times I did this DVD I did just section 1 two or three times over to get a good workout. The dancers are inspiring, as they've all got their personal weight loss stories that Rosemary refers to. I was bored with the gym, not going, and feeling unfit, likewise I was suspicious of DVDs, but this is something I actually enjoy and am using with great results.
on 12 August 2016
Used this DVD so much had to buy a new one recently. I do ballroom Latin and Latino but as part of my training to keep in shape when dance events are coming up this always does the job and takes away those extra inches ensuring I get into those stunning dance dresses. Thank you Rosemary I can rely on you. For a busy lady lawyer who also likes to dance its the most effective routine I have experienced to drop those winter inches fast and get me ready for the summer and my dance events
on 13 March 2014
This DVD is split into three sections, a starter workout where you can learn the steps, a 20 minute workout and then a longer 30 minute one. The music is uplifting, catchy and really makes me want to move. I jumped straight into the 30 minute workout and found it difficult to follow at times but I enjoyed it overall. I love the fact it's different to traditional aerobics, I get a bit bored of all the usual aerobics moves hence why I purchased this DVD.

It's not too strenuous and the moves are quite simple once you have the hang of things so definitely okay for a beginner. I wouldn't say it gives a big calorie burn (no way did I burn 500 calories) but it's enjoyable and the price is amazing.
on 12 December 2015
Having read earlier reviews I felt confident that this DVD would be ideal for someone who prefers not to do floor exercises! I was not disappointed. The three sections are graded in difficulty which means you can do as much or as little as you want dependent on time and ability. Don't worry if you can't keep up with the steps, you still get the exercise and it's fun!!
One person found this helpful
on 6 December 2016
As you would expect from Rosemary, clear, consise and watchable. Great fun. Good for beginners and more experienced.
on 9 February 2013
I was looking for an exercise DVD that was dance based, but with easy steps and good music, and this is just right. There 3 stages of rising difficulty and to be honest I am still only using Stage one, but planning to move onto stage two soon where the steps will get harder, and perhaps a bit more vigorous. So far, it has been a great way to get started on exercise after months of not much - 20 minutes and you build up a mild sweat.
What is great about it is that the music is Salsa music and you really do feel like you're dancing rather than just working out. It is fun, and therefore something easy to keep to. I wish there were more DVD's like this one featuring other kinds of dance - but with decent music.