Customer reviews

great cd thanks. wendy
on 1 June 2017
Elvis for me !
on 14 September 2007
Yes, it must have been 1965. My future mother-in-law got it for me as a Christmas present. I promised my 'wife to be' that I wouldn't open the parcel until Christmas morning, so having gone to bed a 11pm I lay awake and at 12.01am I opened my present and turned on my 'record player' and play the 'Elvis for Everyone' LP. It was well after 2am before I stopped playing and went to sleep. I'd become an Elvis record collector in late '62 so this was my first none film LP. Starting with the rockin' country song 'Your cheatin heart' the upbeat 'Finders Keepers' the blues number 'Tomorrow Night' the sun-days carry over ' When it rains its really pours' Indeed a great selection of songs with 'Memphis Tennessee' the best of the lot. Yep, a refreshing release form Elvis in the mid 60's.
on 27 February 2002
This collection of great songs was released around 1965, when Elvis was focusing on his acting career.
This, almost early compilation of old and new features some exceptional music.
The likes of 'Memphis Tennessee' is exceptional music, driven by tremndous drumming and tremendous vocals by the King.
The entire CD is as diverse as possible, ranging from utterly marvelous blues such as 'When it Rains it Really Pours' to light opera, 'Santa Lucia' sung in Italian.
'Tomorrow Night' dates back to the Sun days and this is excellent rythm and blues. There are also songs from the movies; 'In My Way' from the marvelous 'Wild In The Country' is a terrific ballad, you will paly this over and over.
Over all, a very mixed, but excellent CD that was originally top 10 here and in America on it's original release.
on 24 October 2010
The release of this album was one of the few things R.C.A did right in the mid 60's , in its own right its a very good album but it also made a refreshing change from movis soundtracks.Alright we know that these were not new recordings and were taken from various time periods but its still a good collection of songs.I cant say much more about it except go and buy it and enjoy.
on 13 September 2014
Probably not really for everyone but certainly for most fans. This album reflected RCA's desperation in '65 to release some non soundtrack material and this was compounded by Elvis not having been in a recording studio other than to record film soundtracks since the very short January '64 session in Nashville. The compilation album Elvis For Everyone was really a fine mix of Rock'n'Roll, Ballads and film leftovers from 1954 (Tomorrow Night, a although tastefully overdubbed by Chet Atkins on 18/3/65) through to January '64's Memphis Tennessee. In '65 this must have been rather delightful to hear. Imagine if, 50 years later in 2014, we had a bunch of 12 Elvis' tracks previously unreleased?! This cd from FTD contains the original album, plus what was probably considered by RCA for inclusion too at one stage. Disc 2 is just a bunch of mainly film outtakes 1960-63. Overall though a nice, very pleasant collection and the sound and packaging are superb (as always with FTD). Not for everyone perhaps, but certainly for me. The Mule.
on 2 January 2010
I remember getting this as a vinyl LP for Christmas 1965 even though it had been released earlier in the year. It followed on from the Flaming Star and Summer Kisses album and was similar in that both were compilations of various rare studio tracks as well as songs that had been recorded for movies but not released at the time.
What made Elvis for Everyone relatively popular at the time was that it contained songs that had been unavailable before in any shape or form. If it had not been for back catalogue albums like this then some of these tracks might never have seen the light of day.
Elvis was only recording almost exclusively movie soundtracks at this time so the release of this album, despite some numbers dating from his pre-army days,came as welcome relief from the norm.
I seem to recall that the UK vinyl album had a different sleeve to the one displayed here which is the US version, but as far as I know the actual tracks on this CD are the same as on the original 1965 release.