on 13 October 2004
This game is interesting and fun at the same time, it is sort of like monopoly but even better! The game includes daily jobs, houses you can buy and you make a family in your flash new car.
I find it suprisingly long and very entertaining...like real life but just a game!
Jonny age 10
on 5 June 2008
The manufacturer's description gives some info about the game so I won't bother with that. The game is well thought out with many different aspects and rules providing great variety throughout a game. I would have given five stars except for the fact that it is really quite a long game and with four of more people playing seems to take ages (and tries the patience of younger players). Quite often one person will be trailing very far behind the others so dragging it out further which is why we don't play it as often as many other games we have. A good game for bad weather days.
on 24 September 2004
I find this game very entertaining but though it can get a bit dull if played over and over again ... you need to not play it for a while to then enjoy and benefit from the game. It is another classic from MB.
on 19 February 2009
I bought this for my boyfriend (who is 27!) for christmas, and I think by now it must have been played about 50 times! It's really great fun and unlike some games, it doesn't take ages and has a definite ending and so won't go on forever. There are a couple of confusing rules right at the beginning, but once you've played it a few times it gets easier. I'd say the main drawback about the game is that it takes quite a while to construct the first time (it sort of comes in sheets of cards that need popping out and plastic pieces that need separating), so it might be worth doing this before you actually sit down to play it. But it's great fun and pretty cheap! :)
on 5 September 2010
I bought this game approx. 2 years ago on the recommendation of a friend with similar aged children (mine were then 6 and 8). We have since played it many times and it is still a firm favourite with my youngest daughter. It takes roughly 1-1.5 hours to play and has plenty of educational value as it requires all players to make choices throughout the game (eg do you begin play by finding a job or going to university? Do you swop salaries with other players? Which job has the potential to earn you most money (because other players will land on squares marked with your job symbol) etc?). Also, someone has to act as banker which obviously involves a fair amount of adding and subtracting... There's an element of jeopardy too if you don't buy the appropriate insurance re vehicles and houses and when you "retire" at the end of the game you must choose whether to gamble or play safe. All in all, it is a good addition to your games cupboard and compares very favourably with Cluedo, Monopoly etc.
on 26 October 2007
I found this game very interesting as it is just like a real life situation and and keep you going for a long time. It is very educational. I plalyed with this person and me and my twin kept suing this person all the time it was great fun. A suitable game for everyone.
on 2 May 2008
I bought this for my husband's birthday and had a good laugh playing it. I remember the old edition, which is totally different from this version. It's real good fun or young or old
on 11 April 2008
This is a great game. Dont be tempted to buy the one with the electronoic pod. This version is so much fun and all my family love it. I cant praise it highly enough.
on 9 June 2015
Loved the game as a child. It's made of sturdy plastic and fits well in the box. Fun factor? Well, I don't know if it's because I've grown up now but it's not going to super entertain you. I just play it because it reminds me of my childhood.
on 8 May 2009
I have been buying this game for children from age 8 upwards for about 12 years, glad to see the box is now smaller. The game is great for introducing children to life in the adult world but with lots of fun on the way

See one answered question