Customer reviews

on 3 February 2009
We bought our Grandson a basic Thomas wooden train set for his second birthday Aug 2008. That only contained only one goods wagon, and Thomas usually pulls Annie and Claribel, so these are essential coaches.

The Wooden Thomas series are relatively expensive, but seem solid. No breakages so far.

Fortunately all wooden train sets (Brio, Thomas, Big Jigs etc.) seem to be compatible and interchangeable - so unless the particular item you want is only available from one maker (like these carriages). It is possible, to shop around for the cheaper track etc.
on 29 December 2012
Hi i bought the wooden Annie and Clarabel twin pack for my (thomas obsessed) 3 year old .I was so looking forward to his seeing his delight when he opened ht was 2 Clarabelsis presents on christmas morning only to see disappointment when he declared it was 2 Clarabel`s and no Annie and sure enough although Annie was written on 1 Clarabel on the other they were both in fact Clarabel. I contacted Amazon on the 27th of Dec and they couldn`t have been more helpful, they said they would have to contact someone at stock control to check the product they got back to me very quickly to say the stock had been checked ans was fine and they would send me out another set which they did very promptly . It arrived this morning , my son again delightedly opened the parcel to discover another 2 Clarabel`s !! Decided to phone Tomy the manufactures am still waiting to hear back from them , so i am once again left with a very disappointed child!
on 6 January 2010
Thomas needs his carriages and these were the cheapest wooden ones I could find. Arrived quickly and promptly and my little boy was delighted with them!
on 4 April 2011
These are nice quality and essential for the little Thomas fans to have in the set. They are quite expensive but I can see them being passed down the generations as they are mainly of wooden components which makes a nice change from all the unpleasant plastic you get in most children's toys.
on 1 October 2010
I bought this for my friends little boy who was 3 and mentioned that he 'really needed Clara and Clarabel!'. needless to say he was delighted on his birthday and happily played with them for hours.
on 6 February 2012
The Thomas wooden trains are great and this Annie and Clarabel set brought great delight to my 3 year old son. Good quality, classic, durable. And great service and quick delivery.
on 8 January 2011
Oliver was missIng a Clarabelle and despite having to buy two (we now have 2 Annies) he is over the moon. Delivery was excellent despite the snow at the time
on 26 December 2012
My 3 1/2 yr old loves all things 'Thomas' and is v much enjoying his new 'Thomas' trains! Mainly 'Thomas' tends to pull them but sometimes James does :-)
on 29 January 2013
My little boy adores wooden carriages and the price of them is far better than from Main Street retailers.

A great little purchase
on 14 August 2013
I ordered this set for my granddaughter's birthday and guess what? We got two Annie's!
This set does not match the illustration included in the advert which clearly shows one Annie and one Clarabel. I ordered online because I haven't been able to find this set in any local shop.
I shall be returning the pack and order from another supplier in the hope that I can get the proper set - too late for the surprise I intended though.
Tomy need to check up on their supplier.