on 11 April 2011
My Daughter LOVES this! I was worried that she'd be a little young for it as she's not quite 3, but already knows her letters and sounds so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I put it on the easy letter sounds setting for her but within minutes she'd reset it to word hunt and was following the instruction's to find the right letters to make up the word. In no time she was making up the words and repeating them back to it!
The great thing about it is if they put the wrong letter in by mistake it then tells them which letter is needed so she doesn't get frustrated she just starts searching for the right letter.
I think this is a great educational toy which will last for a good long time.
It's quite a heavy unit but I've had no problems with it staying stuck in position on the fridge. The letters are bright and chunky so easy for little hands to use.
All in all I think this was a great buy and well worth the money.
LeapFrog Scout Fridge Words Magnetic Word Builder Set
on 16 December 2015
Arrived promptly and well packaged. Superb toy on fridge door in the kitchen so Mummy can help out whilst cooking. Proved invaluable to 2 children who were desparae to read but too young to be taught at school. Perfect introduction to phonetic and simple spelling.
on 30 May 2010
I bought this for my three and a half year old son, who is learning about letter sounds at pre-school.

I wanted something which reinforced what he was learning and I wasn't disappointed. This toy gives the sounds and names of the letters when you put them in.

A slight problem I have found is that my son wants to create words already and he expects there to be a word when he puts 'in any 3 letters' as it asks him to do. We get around this by limiting the number of letters on the fridge at any one time and explaining that for now he needs a red letter in the middle.

The toy is robust and sticks well to our fridge.
on 10 April 2011
Bought this from Amazon which was v.quick delivery; no surprises there.

Bought this a month ago for my nephew who is about 22months now, which has surprised me that he copies quite a lot of the words said in this toy. (i.e. it says "let's r r r race" and my nephew would say "race" very clearly). For now, I only keep the setting to "Load a Letter". He loves hearing the sentence for each letter.

Lost a star as certain phonic are not perfect but then again it is electronic recorded sound.
on 22 March 2011
I have this Leapfrog Magnetic Word Builder on my fridge. My three grandchildren aged 2, 2.5 and 5 all play with it in different ways. Wonderful to learn your letters and the sounds they make and then to go on to learn how they sound with other letters to make words.
on 11 October 2010
I bought this for my 2yr old, she loves it! She gets all the letters and puts them into the spaces and repeats what it says. At the minute the word builder is a little bit advanced for her (age is 3+) but in time itll help with words and spelling. Excellent!
on 23 February 2015
My son learnt so much with a lot of fun and now my daughter is about to experience it. Just need to change battery often as we use it daily basis :)
on 19 March 2015
Bought as a present, was a huge hit!
on 28 April 2012
My 2 year old daughter loves this word builder and has had hours of fun putting in and taking out the letters. We keep it on the fridge and she plays with it whenever she is in the kitchen. She has started to sing the alphabet song and has learnt a few of the letters so it has proven to be very useful in improving her development of letters/words.
on 27 October 2010
As always with this manufacturer a well made and very clever educational toy. Very easy for little hands to grasp and place the letters to make up words. Very satisfied.