Customer reviews

Tartini: 3 Violin Concertos, 5 Violin Sonatas & Cello Concerto
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 February 2016
New to Tartini, I bought this for the 'Devil's Trill"; while that is enchanting, in the conext of the other pieces is a completely inappropriate nickname. These are some of the most exquisite violin pieces I have ever heard. I even prefer these to Corelli's Concerti Grosso, which for many years I felt were the finest concerti of that era. I sometimes think about which piece of music I might want at my funeral, and it would have to be one of these.
on 1 September 2016
on 7 January 2013
Great music. Great sound. New composer to me.
Would recommend to any Classical music lover to give it a listen!
One person found this helpful
on 3 June 2011
These two CDs are full of wonderful, passionate melodies, deeply felt and played with astonishing grace and power. All of it is something of a revelation, but the sonatas especially so, and not just the familiar (and foolishly named) Devil's Trill'. This, and the other concerto recordings by Soloisti Veneti, do more than enough to re-establish Tartini as a great and distinctly individual master.
13 people found this helpful