Style Name: C-RODS|Change

on 4 May 2012
these sticks are a great option if you need to keep the noise down a bit.
-and what drummer doesn't need that sometimes?

I buy for the balance and feel these sticks give.
-not too durable if you use rim shots a lot.

buy and enjoy.
on 29 December 2012
Never used these before, but now use them all the time.

A great feel and sound,around the kit, feel good when playing and give more freedom of movement because the grip feels firmer and you don't feel like you're going to lose your sticks during a more 'frenetic' piece of playing,far better than my 5A's.

It's hard to explain, but I feel more able and more confident when playing 'difficult' patterns using these dowel sticks and the sound is somehow 'richer'.

I can say, in all honesty, that my playing has improved using these and I've been playing for ten years.I'm amazed and I'd say purchase a pair and give them a go but sit back a bit as they have a life of their own!!
on 21 April 2010
These rods are well constructed and seem to be holding out well after a few months of use. They are very light allowing for some quick sticking and they produce a very soft sound, softer than I expected (but I have a light touch anyway - I wouldn't want to use the Cool Rods!) I also love the sound they produce on the ride.

The one gripe I have, is that the distance between the plastic moulding (the red bit in the picture) and the end of the rod is quite far, so the dowells spread out a lot on the drum surface. Other rods I've used have a little rubber ring at the end that you can adjust to keep the dowells together and therefore produce a stronger sound. Pro Mark shoud have put a couple of those in the pack and I would have given 5 stars. But rubber bands work just as well though...

All in all a pood purchase, a nice set to compliment any stick bag.
on 25 July 2012
I use these hot rods for most gigs. I have tried other makes of rods, but the Pro Mark's have, by far the best feel and balance. Put a piece of 'duck' tape across where the rod hits the drum rim and they will last twice as long.
on 24 May 2013
I had a pair of these before but they don't last forever. I replaced my old ones with these new ones. They're not as loud as normal sticks and great for practice.
They do exactly what it says on the tin (although they don't actually come in a tin).
on 5 November 2013
These are a gift for my grandson so I cannot comment on their use.
Very quick delivery BUT PLEASE do something about the packaging. They do not need a box over 2½ feet by 18 inches with all the extra packaging inside. What a waste of resources.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 December 2015
As far as hotrods go, these are probably your best option.
I use these for small pub jazz gigs and they work brilliantly.
If you don't hit too hard, they'll last you a while too before breaking.
on 16 December 2012
These are my favourite rods so far, they get a distinctive sound with less attack than a stick, good for practising with if you like the lower volume. Better feel than the wand type rods in my opinion.
on 12 October 2010
thankyou ... quality was excellent ... got here very quickly .. i recommend this to all you drummers out there :D
on 20 May 2015
I use these rods when I need not to be too loud. I find using them easier than playing softly with sticks especially if there are string instruments in the band. However they are a bit clunky so no good for quick stick work and getting a decent cymbal response requires some practice. Also you will break them if you play them too hard. However I wouldn't be without a few in my stick bag.