Customer reviews

on 8 August 2014
I saw this years ago as an older kid and loved the idea about the dog and mouse. It took me years to find this due to another more well known Barney! As an adult I still appreciate the cartoon and will keep it in my retro collection or show it to my kids one day!
on 25 November 2017
Sweet DVD, granddaughter loved it.
on 16 May 2016
wow blast from the past,grandchildren loved it
on 31 October 2014
keeps the children enthralled at Barney's antics
on 28 December 2014
great
on 12 January 2005
I got this DVD for Christmas. I'd asked for it because I always used to watch this show when I was younger. Its an affordable price for a DVD but sadly has no extra features since I guess the cartoon itself is pretty old (late 80s). I love Barney and also the theme tune which I always used to sing along to. I also have a picture book featuring the characters going to a fun fair which I found in a second hand shop. The episodes themselves are pretty short (around 10 minutes each) so the DVD isn't that long but the cute stories and unusually realistic animation are sure to charm young children. Its a happy, harmless cartoon with cuddly looking dog characters. Barney of course is the main character, a big fluffy sheepdog with a mouse named Roger living on his head in the thick fur. He has many friends like Prophet the spaniel and his neighbor, a Chihuahua named Camelia. I think it was based on books originally which explains the animation style. Harry Enfield does the voice of Roger the mouse! Its perfect for kids to watch before bedtime or any time. The episodes are short enough they won't get bored but the stories are good enough that they will keep them entertained. I recommend this DVD for everyone who enjoys a gentle teatime cartoon with nice storylines and no violence.
on 20 September 2008
A gem from my late childhood - I have to say that I am very surprised that this did not make it in the mainstream of children's entertainment.

What can I say? Its clean, humerous and it most certainly does not treat the viewer like a little baby - I'm sure there's some education element to it in there!
on 31 July 2012
I used to love this when I was about 4 or 5 years old and can still remember bits of it now 18 years later. I just wish I had children to share this wondefully, inocent, fun series with also it would be a good excuse to buy it and bring back my memories all over again.
on 20 April 2011
My wife bought this second-hand, thinking it was about Barney the dinosaur. This was the best accidental purchase made ever. My son watches it all the time, and you don't have to be a kid to love the innocence and fun of this cartoon.