on 28 October 2004
The reason that apple charge such a ridiculas price for something so small is basically because they have no competition that sells a similar device. That said, Apple make superb products. Look at the iPod and the iMac. Two great looking items that fulfill their purpose. The sound quality from the dock is unbelievable. I bought it so my ipod would not get scratched when I put it down, but I did not realise how different the sound from the headphone port to the dock is. Definitily worth the money if you listen to your iPod through your Hi Fi a lot like I do. I payed £19.99 for my brand new one on eBay.(Go have a look)
on 31 August 2004
This dock is quite useful as it means that you don't have to be continually plugging the USB2/firewire cable into the ipod, I always feel as if i'm going to damage something when I do that. If you use the dock, then one end of your USB2/firewire cable goes into the correct port on your PC and the other end goes into the dock. Thus, whenever you need to synch or recharge, you just drop the ipod into the dock. The dock also provides a line-out for connection to a stereo, which is useful because it's better quality than using the headphone jack.
However, £30 for a small unit that, when it comes down to it, isn't essential by any stretch of the imagination is quite simply a rip-off. My advice is, if you want one, then just buy the 40GB 4G ipod which comes with a dock included. It works out as much better value for money.
on 31 January 2005
Its a bit over the top on price, even if i did pay ten pound cheaper at my local electronics store for it. Its very stylish, and the sound quality from the line out is good, but is missing an amplifier. If the line out volume could be controlled, it would be a neat extra feature to compensate for the price
on 27 May 2006
Dont buy the new docks for your ipod videos or nano this work fine on all ipods
on 20 July 2005
I know what most of you are thinking: £30 just for an I-pod dock! Well after spending so much money on just the I-pod spending another £30 on the dock is almost worth it, the sound quality is amazing and saves a huge amount of time charging the I-pod. It is built to the quality that apple is known for, the only downside is the price.
on 25 August 2005
Just bought the dock for my new 20Gig iPod (colour screen), and the iPod does not fit into the dock. Comparing this new iPod with my son's older 20Gig one (which does fit OK), the design appears to have changed slightly.
on 14 December 2004
Well designed, well engineered and hasn't broken yet - what more do you need from a product?
on 23 July 2013
Original apple product..good quality n works perfect.. Charges can connect to player to listen to music but only for original big iPod not iPhones
on 17 January 2005
It's a dock for an iPod. It is overpriced yet nicely designed. A normal Apple product, then. Fortunately it doesn't come with any PC software, so it also works satisfactorily.