on 27 August 2015
I have an Epiphone G400 [SG style], which I haven't re-strung in the four years since purchasing. The original strings were size 10 and pretty tough.

I brought these because I wanted to bend strings easily and use a lighter left hand. From this point of view, they are a success. Easy to install (even for a first-timer) and very smooth (almost too smooth) to the touch. My playing improved pretty much instantly.

On the down-side, they appear to come out of tune quite easily, although this could be related to my beginners re-stringing technique. They also have a very buzzy sound on the guitar (when un-amped) compared to my previous strings - but I can imagine that lighter, more bendy strings would move more than the tough ba'stads I had on previously
on 18 July 2016
These are excellent strings, always my choice for a guitar tuned to Concert Pitch. Always try to use the same gauge strings when changing them, it's always good to experiment with different gauges for different tunings, but bear in mind the tension on the neck will differ with different gauges and means a truss rod adjustment will be required each time you change gauges. That said, I'm a Metal player and, for Concert Pitch tunings, these are perfect. I use them with Fast Fret, and these strings will retain their bright sound and feel smooth and fast for a good few months, depending on how often you play, of course. Definitely recommended.
on 27 April 2017
Earnie Ball guitar strings have been my go to since I started playing guitar and they don't disappoint.
the graphics are cool
the colour stands out and who wouldn't want these strings
4* due to them not lasting as long as I liked but still a very good string if your a guitar player
on 30 October 2017
These were a doddle to fit, they were a lighter gauge than I was expecting, but they're still perfect for my use, which is little more than beginner noodling! Lighter than the strings I replaced them with, I would be happy to buy these again, great for string bends and a nice clean sound. I wouldn't call them raucous, but that's probably more due to the strat copy I've strapped them to!
on 9 May 2017
I have been using Ernie Ball strings for well over 10 years and they have never let me down, they are a low price so you can buy and change your strings whenever you feel. I like to have a fresh set of strings every couple of weeks if i am performing but they will hold up for a long time and take a real beating. Brilliant sound and never a issue. Always buy Ernie Ball.
on 5 August 2017
Haven't bought a set of strings in years, but when my daughter and friend but a couple of my Fender Strat Squire I remembered this brand and type from 20 years ago when I last changed them!

Arrived quick, easy to fit, each string in a marked packet in gauge order. Play and sound better than the originals.
on 19 December 2013
After years apart, I recently started playing my electric guitar once again, and due to the long absence, my old strings had begun to rust, so I thought it was time to invest in some new ones. These are great for a "beginner" like me, the .10 gauge high E string is thick enough to withstand some rough handling retuning and they sound clean, fresh and bright. The strings gauges are High E .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, Low E .046. This pack contains six strings.

I've liked them so much, I have gone and bought another spare pack!
on 19 December 2015
My personal preference has always been D'Addario, but I decided to give these a try. I went back to my old strings more out of loyalty I think, but the Slinky's didn't disappoint. There's not a lot between the two. I reckon if you like one, you'll like the other. The Slinky's are welcome in my kit bag any time.
on 2 October 2017
As always consistent quality which is the reason why I buy these strings. Packaged well and don't take ages to 'bed in' with regards to retuning. Needed these fast and they arrived next day on prime, can't ask for any more. Bought these for my les paul as I find 9's don't really do it justice.
on 16 October 2014
Great price, speedy delivery. I've used Ernie Ball strings for years. Reliable and long lasting as long as you look after them by cleaning after use. I use them on all my guitars electric and acoustic, Fender, Gibson and Ibanez. You get that rich 'new string sound' as on all strings, but I find with regular cleaning that sound last and lasts. Everyone will have their own preferences and these are mine, I've tried other makes, but these give me what I want, dependable with a great sound at a competitive price especially this pack of three.