Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 October 2004
Another sure winner from Einaudi. Here is a consistently handsome album, which is very emotional but at the same time, manages to wash away all your cares for the day. The tracks featuring Marco Decimo on cello are particularly haunting - worth every penny. I don't think it's necessarily his best work and to me doesn't match the depth of Le Onde or I Giorni, it seems much "lighter" but so what,that's just my personal opinion. It is a gorgeous album in its own right and it is well worth owning. There's just one track that I found mildly irritating and though pleasant, sounded as if he was messing about for five minutes. That tiny blip aside, I thoroughly enjoyed being taken on a wonderful journey of calm, relaxing, peaceful, melodically beautiful piano music. If you are completely new to Einaudi's work, it may be worth investing in his album Echoes, a selection of works from his four previous albums, to give you a flavour for his talent. Happy listening and do go and see him live if you can, he's quite sensational - you'll be hooked forever - I promise!
Devoted fan, London
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2011
I was vaguely aware of Ludovico Einaudi, as he's very well-known in my native Italy, but for some reason I'd forgotten about him. So when I stumbled across one of his pieces used as a musical background to a YouTube video, I thought it was high time I made up for my massive oversight and came to Amazon to buy one his albums for download on MP3 (instant gratification. I love it).

I'm not an expert in classical music nor am I a musician but I don't think you need to `know' anything to appreciate Einaudi's stunning compositions. If you are looking for beautiful instrumental music that is not, however, `muzak', this is for you. I'm always looking for musical scores from film, instrumental pieces and generally music that feels as if it nourishes your soul. Sometimes you don't want or need more words in your ear: you just want music. It's almost as if these pieces allows you to achieve a sense of sonic mindfulness. Am I making any sense? Probably not, in which case, just do yourself a favour and buy this album.
Is there something good about simplicity. Yes! And this is it. About 100 years ago Satie wrote pieces he called furniture music. Now, here is Einaudi quiet reflective, taking the strain out of living. The cover of the CD has his orange kilim carpet, his table, chair, book and newspaper and a fork in a jar- it shows the ordinary delights of life.
The music's gentle repeated patterns help to bring about a tranquil frame of mind. The CD does not need to be at the forefront of attention but can accompany domestic routines. Although the title reminds of Morning with 'sunlight coming through the window', with 'clouds sailing slowly across the sky' (sleeve note) it could be just a recurring pattern equally serene at midnight after a heavy day. This is a certainly soothing minimal music for millions including me.
on 24 March 2017
Just love his music - CD arrived well on time and was a great present and introduction into this classic music genius.
on 7 April 2017
very good
on 2 May 2013
A friend introduced me to this c.d as background music for her daughter, who was studying for her A levels, the music is beautiful,very relaxing and makes one feel totally stress free, wonderful for a sunday breakfast time. As this is my first Ludovico Einaudi c.d this is the best!! I don't think I would buy anymore as this is just enough for me but that's my personal choice.Dont be put off
on 11 September 2004
Splendid, admirable, glorious, magnificent, tremendous, meritorious, marvellous, wonderful, terrific, superb, heavenly, fantastic, fabulous, super, zingy, smashing, stunning, corking, great, outstanding, first class, crackajack, scrumptious, champion, bonzer, tip-top, top notch, sublime, superfine, relaxing, spectacular, hypnotic, spell-binding, enchanting, gentle, beautiful, soothing and brilliant!
If you liked I Giorni and Le Onde you will love this one. BUY IT NOW!
on 9 September 2004
Another classic masterpiece from Ludovico Einaudi! Although all his work has the same underlying genre you are still transported to a tranquil and distant place. Ideal music to help you relax when you come home from a stressful day at work.
on 13 October 2004
After the success of Le Onde, I Giorni and Eden Roc, Einaudi is back with his new album Una Mattina.
I'd be eagerly awaiting this album having bought all of his previous albums as well as investing in the sheet music. Now, if you wanted to hear a glowing review, you will find it here.....but be warned, if you were expecting him to outdo his previous albums, you will be disappointed. The tracks, whilst fantastic to listen and work to, are not as good or in my opinion as memorable as previous works. I found that i got a little bit bored of the ostinatos, something that i hadn't done in previous albums.
On the whole, recommended, but if you are new to Einaudi I suggest you try his previous albums before venturing onto this one.
VINE VOICEon 20 September 2004
Forgive the semtimentality of this review, but I think that in this album Ludovico Einaudi has captured the joy of simple daily life perfectly with music that is slightly melancholy but ultimately extremely beautiful. In my opinion this is one of his most consistently beautiful albums. In short, it's wonderful - you won't be dissappointed.