Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£4.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 19 November 2008
Actually, what's this? DP Mk III? I know there's metal dudes out there that only listen to the MK2 albums, some guys actually prefer the first 3 albums, I'm not fussy, I like songs from all the ages of Purple. But I've gotta tell you, this album beats them all. There's no squealing from Gillan, it's the souls of David Coverdale (I love Whitesnake) and Glenn Hughes (buy all his solo albums from 90's onwards), Jon Lord's got a green card to go nuts and Ian Paice rides his mule into hell on the title track. Unlike the previous albums, All these songs are killers. Deep Purple were always funky. Burn and Stormbringer underline this fact with the best two rock vocalists around! If you buy all the Deep Purple albums from Shades Of... to Rapture, you can't go wrong but where to spend yer first 20 quid?: 1. Burn, 2. Stormbringer, 3. Machine Head, 4. In Rock. Buy 'em all, they're all great. Actually, is there a better rock band than DP? I'm a huge Led Zep fan, but...
on 29 January 2010
I agree with many of the reviews, especially that of Francis Brennan. Many Deep Purple fans probably got into the Gillan stuff first and although 'In Rock' and 'Machine Head' are without doubt classics, so is 'Burn' but it was such a big change in direction, many fans just didn't get it at the time or since. Now I can't defend some of the rubbish that Coverdale has put out with Whitesnake (There was some good stuff upto him going all blond and American) but he sang on three of the best Deep Purple albums pressed into vinyl without a doubt, this album being the best of the bunch. A classic from beginning to end in my book although the organ can sound dated to some. Brilliant playing by all concerned and the blend of Coverdale's and Glenn Hughes' vocals is magnificient!

Don't listen to the Gillan fans, buy this, turn it up loud!
on 12 November 2016
memories of a misspent youth
on 11 July 2011
Wow. Thought this was a tremendous affair when I originally purchased it on vinyl back in the 70's, (which I still have). Great to hear it again, particularly the title track and the magnificent 'Mistreated'. An essential purchase for any self respecting rock fan. Play it loud and be 'Burned' again. Now, where did I put me loon pants and me trusty velvet jacket! On a negative note, the card sleeve over the jewel case was VERY tight and I ended up ripping it off, which was a shame as I'd liked to have kept it.
on 5 November 2016
Love this album!
on 8 June 2008
This,without a doubt, is one of DP's greatest album.It has a punch in sound,song writing and rhythm .It is hard to fault this album.If you are looking for good Hard Rock then this is ist.I play this album all the time...and that is a tall order.
on 31 December 2011
Yeah, of course, this is a Purple classic, at least for us fans. And, yes, the overall sound of this digital remastering is far better than the analog tapes published 20 years ago, buuuuut the remastered drum sound is a mess, or even worse compared to the rest.
Well, let me put it like this: I'm a drummer, and I'm into hard and heavy rock for more than 30 years, and I tell you: the remastering of the thin, point-and punchless drum sound of the original tapes was - surprisingly - hardly improved!
This is a real nuisance, particularly because it's about a heavy rock album.
I don't get it ! Completely incomprehensible ! There are lots of heavy rock productions of the 1970s - even un-remastered ones - which sound extremely better than this, as it is for the percussion. What's but more irritating is the fact that Ian Paice had been crucially involved into mixing and producing the original tapes !! Back then already, the outcome was ridiculous !
Hey, this is not for/about a juvenile garage rock attempt, but for a former heavy metal force ! The drum sound is - and always will be - the backbone and the base of each and every acceptable rock music, so we should force those guys to return to the studio in order to deliver an overall drum sound worth listening to it !!!
on 19 November 2013
I know the Purple traditionalists rave about "version 1" ... but this is a fantastic album ... not a duff track in sight ... I have two copies ... one in the house ... one in the car !
on 15 May 2014
Been years since I listened to this particular album....got it on Vinyl some time ago..but now I can blast it out in the car great
on 18 November 2013
Deep Purple... BURN!
Sail Away is my favourite, but the whole album rocks!
Can anyone write stuff like this anymore?