on 3 February 2014
As a family we must have watched this film more than any other and it is still as enjoyable and funny every time (despite the fact we must know every word by heart!) A real classic, perfect for rainy days snuggled on the sofa with the kids and a bowl of popcorn!
on 10 July 2016
Totally unsuitable for the children who are going to want to watch it: those enchanted by the book, who regularly read it to themselves and want their parents to read it to them, who loved the film of The Lorax, of Horton hears a Who and even The Grinch: this film is very adult, with lots of nasty plotlines. Please don't inflict it on your children.
on 4 March 2012
This film keeps my grandaughter quite she sits glued to it when ever some one will put it on for her (needs to learn how to switch on herself)
on 27 July 2016
Many years ago when this film came out I had no compulsion to see it not to take my kids to see it. Was never really a Dr Seuss fan myself and the kids never expressed an interest.
We came across this film when it was on Sky movies a long time ago. The kids who were little mites then loved it and I ended up buying the DVD as it was in the day before On Demand.
The kids are now 14 and 11 and they still sit down at least a couple of times a year to watch it.
Their mother and I still sit and watch it with them too and despite seeing it so many times it still makes us laugh as a family.
The best thing about it for me is the spread of jokes in the film that appeal to people of all ages.
Mike Myers bring a character I never cared for much to life in such an amusing way that I wish there'd been a follow up.
on 29 June 2012
Kids love this film and now we have it on DVD they can watch it whenever they want!
Great value from Amazon and delivered quickly
on 22 October 2011
THIS IS A MUST FOR SMALL CHILDREN IT BRINGS LOTS OF LAUGHS AND SMILES . IT HAS ALREADY BEEN PLAYED A MILLION TIMES SINCE PURCHASE.
on 5 April 2005
The movie version of the Cat in the Hat is a mess. If you are comparing it to the book (a slightly unfair comparison) then you will loathe it but by any standard this is a poor film.
This adaptation takes the approach of stretching the original Cat In The Hat story and then padding it with new elements. Mike Myers seems to have been given rather too free a hand here as the padding seems to consist of anything that he thought might be funny (e.g. a repeat of the Wayne's World product placement joke). The result is a terrible mish-mash that does not really work. It certainly fails to capture any of the magic of the books.
On the plus side - the set design is amazing, an incredible vision in pastel colours and it is easy to see why Dakota Fanning is destined to be a superstar, she acts everybody else off the screen.
This is poor but not unwatchable film - my son (4) quite enjoyed it even if I did not. However, if you love Dr Seuss I would steer clear.
on 19 March 2013
Bought this film for my grand daughter as I thought it was going to be more or less like the book but it wasn't. There were quite a few jokes that were unsuitable for her but none the less she enjoyed the colourful adaptation.
on 13 February 2014
After watching the film on sky my 2yr old daughter spoke of nothing but it for weeks so decided to purchase the DVD as a treat from Santa! She absolutely loves it and watches it just about every day and laughs all through it . Also enjoyed by her 12yr old and 8 yr old sisters who would rather be watching this than another episode of Mickey Mouse !
on 19 April 2013
This is very American - of course it is an American book but we don't need the story built around leaving the children alone at home. The whole point of the book are the rhymes and these are not emphasised.