on 23 September 2013
I recently broke a top brand stainless steel fork with ease, a tine just snapped off and I saw the metal was actually a cheap cast with aeration rather than hot forged (am ex engineer). So determined not to waste any more money on expensive brands who get their goods manufactured cheaply in China, I bought British. I came across reviews for Bulldog and lacking choice bought one. Actually I'm not that happy as the Bulldog fork is particularly heavy. It is truly excellent for working rougher ground with rocks, rubble or tree roots, but not really right for a tended garden. So I suggest you choose a stainless fork for normal light work and only buy the Bulldog if you intend to do heavy or rough work. On rougher work the Bulldog absolutely excels and you will be pleased with your purchase as it copes well, but in a vegetable garden, a lighter - finer fork would be better. Hope this of some help. Best wishes,
on 6 May 2012
I have been putting off buying a new garden fork for a while, but having been struggling with a very small fork, decided finally to take the plunge and buy a new one. I did some research and finally decided on Bulldog, as the tools are UK made and renowned for being forged rather welded. They are therefore stronger and should last infinitely longer. This fork feels nice to work with, having a comfortable plastic handle and wooden shaft. It is a well made, quality piece of kit. I was a little concerned before ordering it, that owing to the forged fork head and wooden handle, it might be rather heavy (I am very small). However, the fork is surprisingly lightweight. I have just been out to test it in the garden and spent a few hours removing ground elder and two fairly large old shrub roots. The fork dealt easily with these. Despite the light weight it feels strong and I would happily recommend it.
on 19 June 2011
Well worth the extra cost compared to a budget fork, great quality. Managed to put up with a 15 stone, 6 foot 2 bloke trying to dig up bushes.
Good delivery too.
on 27 January 2011
I live in Portugal where, outside of the wet season, the ground is like concrete. There is often bedrock just below the surface and the quality digging fork which I brought from the UK now has just three prongs. This is not a commonly used garden tool here and to get a good one I needed to source it in the UK. As it is not something you can easily fit in a suitcase there was a problem. Amazon's free delivery all the way to the Algarve solved that and Bulldog's excellent build quality is sorting the garden. This is an awesome digging fork which I highly recommend.
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2015
Best fork we've ever had and we're putting it through its paces on both our rocky garden and heavy soil at the allotment. Quality item that's usable by both a 6ft man and 5'3" woman. Would definitely recommend.
on 26 June 2016
Snapped on first day of use, fork tine pulled away after first entry into the ground. It just didn't feel like it was going to last from the first pick up....
UPDATE - Contacted Bulldog with pictures and never received a reply....

UPDATE #2 - Got a reply from Bulldog (Rollins) after nearly 4 weeks, they would not replace due to being purchased from Amazon. Returned to Amazon and £8 out of pocket on postage due to product size.

Recommend the Spear and Jackson cheaper and has been a good workhorse in the last 3 weeks.
review image review image
on 17 June 2016
biggest bug bear - product not as advertised. Different model, colour, material , handle and also rusted in several places. If i could leave no stars i would as i didn't get the product that was advertised. Sellor promptly offered reduced price or refund - i opted for refund as needed a matching item to a spade i already got from different sellor. bit of faff getting collected but otherwise prompt refund.
on 29 June 2016
I bent my last fork the first time I used it so had high hopes for this one. I was digging bluebells up so had to go quite deep but I've dug some bamboo up with this one and given it some welly on some roots and it hasn't bent yet. The tines are definitely stronger on this. Time will tell but so far so good.
on 1 July 2016
Nice and strong and can see it lasting a long time. One star removed because the handle has a rubberised coating that flakes off. It only gradually breaks down and is a bugger to fully remove. From day one I didn't like the stickiness that the handle had because of this coating, making turning your hand on the handle awkward. The bit below this rubber coating is just plastic which will be fine. Nice and smooth and allowing your hand to revolve around the handle. I'd still buy this but would remove the handle rubber coating from day one.
on 2 August 2016
Twice I received a Bulldog Border Fork that was labelled as a Digging Fork. The Border Fork has a very small head and was very nice - but not what I wanted.

The fork arrived intact (surprisingly), despite being placed in an empty flattened box. The fork had a piece of foam over the ends of the tines and was then shrink-wrapped - this was the only protection. The box was not properly sealed and was a little battered on arrival.